iThink I Miss You by ColorsOfTheSky101

FanFiction.net

iThink I Miss You by ColorsOfTheSky101

TV » iCarly
Rated: K+
Language: English
Genre: Romance & Humor
Characters: Sam P., Freddie B.
Words:
Published: Apr 19, 2008
Updated: May 16, 2008

***

TO: FreddieTech87

FROM: ToughCookie101

Date Sent: September 10th, 4:55 PM

Hey Dork,

Carly told me you're miserable up there at South Blaggig High School (and, you know, I can't really blame you. Blaggig? It sounds like the noise Gibby made when I wedgied him last month, or was it last week?) Anyways, so I thought I'd email you cause' I feel it's my duty to add to your misery. No thanks necessary. Your pain is thanks enough.

Carly's dating Jake again, since you moved, if she hasn't already told you. You know what's funny? The only reason they're dating now is cause' you moved. Jake assumed you and her were "over" after you left (Remember, he thought you guys were dating cause' Carly nose-kissed you?). Meanwhile, YOU NEVER DATED! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I will tell you that last week's iCarly did kind of suck without your geekiness. Did you watch? Spencer dropped the camera six times. And he swung the cord and IT HIT MY BACON. You know how I am when my bacon gets whipped off of tables (How's that bruise by the way?).

Alright, guess that's it. Hope you're not dorkin' up the place too badly.

Sam

Sam Puckett looked over her email, a smirk on her face, and sent it.

"Why are you smirking?" Carly asked out of the blue. She was brainstorming ideas for the next iCarly. "You know I get nervous when you smirk like that! Did you break into Ms. Briggs' email account again?"

"Calm down." Sam paused. "I didn't open any of them. Except a couple. But I'm smirking because it's fun breaking a little nerd's dreams."

"You didn't tell him about Jake, did you?" Oops. Sam shrugged, sticking her hand into a bag of chips sitting between her and Carly. "Sam! I told you not to! You know he...you know..."

"Exactly," Sam explained. "The perfect opportunity to break his spirit. I live for this stuff, Carls!" She got up and headed towards Carly's open kitchen. "Got any ham? I'm in a ham kind of mood."

"You're always in a ham kind of mood!" Carly laughed. "Spencer just bought some. Just open the fridge and - "

"Don't touch the fridge!" yelled Spencer out of nowhere, coming down the stairs. Sam jumped back. "Phew, that was close."

"Since when is our refrigerator a flesh-eating monster?" Carly joked.

"It's not, little sister." Spencer answered. "But, it contains my latest sculpture; thousands of mini-lawn gnomes frozen in a block of ice."

"Why lawn gnomes?" asked Carly with a laugh.

"Why not?" Spencer answered.

Sam laughed, but couldn't help to think that something was missing. More specifically, someone. Someone with brown hair, awesome tech skills, with dork tendencies.

While Freddie was there, with her and Carly, she didn't really think too much about it. He was there. He was Freddie, whom she teased and taunted on a daily basis. Teasing him gave her something to do; sort of, someone to be. It gave her a basis.

Now that he was gone, what was she? Who would keep her grounded?

Carly had always been her best friend, that would never change. But Freddie was something entirely different. And she couldn't figure out what.

"Spencer, did you leave the ham in there?" Sam asked finally. "'Cause I kind of want some."

"There's some out on the counter." Spencer answered. "Socko and I were hungry."

"Sweet!" Sam picked up the ham. "Life is good."

But was it?

***

TO: ToughCookie101

FROM: FreddieTech87

Date Sent: September 10th, 8:07 PM

Thank you so much, Sam, for that heartfelt email. It means so much that you care. (I don't know if you realized, but those last two sentences were sarcastic. I might as well speak your language).

What'd Gibby ever do to you? Oh, well. Anyway, as Carly told you, Blaggig is just about as great as it's name. We have uniforms (yeah, seriously) to show our "Blaggig pride." I'd attach a picture, but you'd probably post it on your school website or on iCarly or something.

Yeah, that's right. I've got you all figured out.

Reason number two why Blaggig High sucks eggs; My mom's even more insane than usual. She's been urging me to find a "female companion" since we've arrived. She bought me fake leg hair yesterday...she said it would make me seem more "manly."

Yes, I did see iCarly. Spencer completely got the lighting wrong. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd take mocking from you over Blaggig anyday.

Carly did not tell me about, uh, that guy. Tell her I said congrats.

Freddie

***

Carly's dating Jake again. Freddie sighed as he re-read that segment of Sam's email. Somehow, he predicted it. He had waited for Carly for years, yet she had jumped at the opportunity to guiltlessly date guys once he left.

Freddie sat back in his desk chair of his new room and thought about what else he could've missed these last few months.

Sam didn't seem to miss him much, which he expected, but he couldn't help but be a little hurt. Let me get this straight...she only emails me because Carly told her to. And then she rubs it in my face that Carly's taken.

He was so sure that she'd be even a little less mean once he left. But no. Sam didn't have mercy for anyone.

***