iThink I Miss You by ColorsOfTheSky101

Chapter 9

***

"And once again, a round of applause for our very first iAmerican Idol...Henry Perkins!"

"And our very worst iAmerican Idol, Bernard Ginkleflatt!" Sam pushed the applause button.

Freddie, now behind iCarly's camera, smiled at Sam. He didn't even care that he hadn't won the contest. He'd gained something much more amazing. At least, he hoped that he did. They hadn't said a word to each other since Freddie's performance. It could've just been because she was still doing iCarly. Either that, or she was deliberately avoiding him. He prayed it was the first one as he adjusted the lighting on his camera.

"Guess that's it." Carly shrugged.

"Forever!" Sam said dramatically.

"Nah, just 'til next week." Carly laughed. "Carly..."

"Sam..."

"Out." They said together, and Freddie turned the camera off.

"Um, I'm going to go get a popsicle or something..." Freddie muttered, still terrified of what Sam's real reaction was. For all he knew, she could've been acting, not wanting iCarly to get violent. They do have young children tuning in, after all.

"Okay." Carly nodded, and he headed downstairs. "I think that might've been our best show ever. Don't you think, Sam?" She turned around to find that Sam had already gone downstairs. Freddie as well. There was a note from Freddie on the table where the camera was: Carly, thanks for going along with the plan. I owe you one...more like ten thousand. -Freddie. She shook her head and smirked. "Those two. Hey Spencer, help me clean up?"

"Sure thing."

***

Sam saw Freddie sitting in the Shay's kitchen, eating a popsicle. Smiling a smile only Sam herself was capable of, she approached the tabled and sat down. "Hey." Startled, Freddie jumped up and his popsicle flew out of his hand and hit the refrigerator. She watched it fly away. "Smooth."

"Glad you think so." He muttered. What was he supposed to say? He didn't have much experience. Or any, really. Valerie had asked him out. And he wouldn't really qualify his proclamations for Carly "asking her out." Plus, even if they were considered that, had they worked? No. Not that he really regretted that. He didn't regret it in the least bit.

There was some silence, and Freddie looked at Sam. Really looked at her. She really was pretty. Beautiful, in fact. It wasn't the same kind of beautiful as Carly. Carly was simply good-looking. Sam was that and so much more. She had attitude; she always voiced her opinions, no matter what. She was real, she was in-your-face; she was... Sam. And Sam wasn't a Carly. Thank goodness.

"Hello, Fredward...?" Sam waved a hand in front of his face. He snapped out of his trance and shook his head slightly. Had he really been silent that long?

"Sorry, what?"

"I said," Sam gave a small smile. "You should've won."

"Thanks," he smiled back. "But, that wasn't really my goal...to win the competition." He waited for her to answer.

Sam bit her lip. Her heart was beating unhealthily fast. Was she going to fall into a coma or something? "So, you really meant it, huh?"

Freddie pretended to be confused. "Meant what?" Whop. Her hand collided with great force into his shoulder, and he yelped in pain. "Yes, yes, I meant it! Jeez..." He stood up from the chair and started walking around. "I really did. Go ahead and reject me if you want, it won't change anything."

Oh, man. I've really done it now. She's totally going to reject me now. I basically just told her to. Stupid, Freddie! Stupid!

"Freddie, will you stop pacing?" Sam laughed. "You're making me nervous."

"Do you like me back...Yes or no?" he asked frantically. "The suspense is eating me alive!"

"Hey, trust me." Sam said, smiling. "If I didn't like you back, I'd take every opportunity to ruin your life reminding you."

"Hey, you know what?" Freddie yelled. "That was totally uncalled for, and - " He stopped and took a step towards her. "Wait, did you just say you liked me back?"

"Looks like it." He smiled, as did she.

"I can't believe this." He admitted. "Maybe I'm dreaming." Sam reached out and monkey-pinched his arm. "Ow! Sam! You know I hate pinches! Especially in monkey form!"

"My bad." she laughed. "At least you know you're not dreaming now."

"Good." Freddie said, which really got her attention. "'Cause...I don't want to be." Sam smiled and thanked whatever it was that was controlling her destiny that he wasn't dreaming as they both leaned in, their lips meeting.

This was love. What her mom had little of, what she couldn't find in Jonah, and what Valerie couldn't see in Freddie. It was, a freakin' awesome, out-of-this-world feeling.

Sam reached her hand behind Freddie, grasped his underwear and pulled. The two pulled apart as Freddie yelped.

"You gave me a wedgie!" he shouted, having major déjà vu.

"No charge." Sam laughed mockingly. "For old times' sake."

"How very nice of you." Freddie groaned, still in pain. "You've got a big sarcasm problem!"

"Better than having a geek problem!"

"You're a problem!"

"What, now you're quoting what you say to your hairless legs?" Sam asked, heading for the door.

"My changing patterns are versatile!" he defended, following her out of the apartment, slamming the door.

***

Moments later, Carly ventured downstairs, done with cleaning and looking for her no-longer oblivious friends. Suddenly, she heard loud arguments from somewhere in the building.

"Well, that is just rude!" yelled Freddie's voice.

"You know what else is rude?" Crash.

"What did you do that for?"

"Blehhhh!"

"I can't stand you!"

"I'd like to stand on your head...and jump up and down!"

"We're still together, right?"

"Heck yes we are!"

"Good!"

"Good!"

Carly laughed and shook her head. Some things will just never change.

***