Trust between us

I woke up, all I felt was immense pain in my abdomen and my shoulder. I couldn't even tell which one was worse.

I pushed myself up with my right arm, the left one was fixed against my chest with a orthosis.

I had a glass of water on my nightstand that I gulped down.

I lifted up my shirt, all the blood was gone, my stomach was wrapped in a bandage.

I laid down again and pulled on the cold blanket.

Just when I was about to fall asleep, the door opened and my husband walked in.

When he saw I was awake, he stopped and his face dropped.

So did my heart.

"Hey" I said quietly, motioning for him to walk here "How are you?"

"Good" he said simply.

"How- how is Sirius?"

"Good. He wants to see you, to thank you"

I nodded. I looked at him, he didn't even turn his head towards me.

"W-what happened, love?"

He closed his eyes, sighed and shook his head. I placed my hand on his thigh, he didn't took it into his hands.

"Did anything happen to someone?"

I saw him clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"Remus please talk to me" I raised my voice and regretted it instantly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Why did you hide it from me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't fucking act like you don't know" He snapped

"Well I clearly don't so please fucking enlighten me!"

"Pregnancy! The fact that you were almost four months pregnant and didn't fucking tell me!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I let out a laugh, it was more of a shocked one.

He let out a scoff and stood him, running his hands over his face.

"The doctor checked you, she called me in and said she is sorry. I asked for what. All she said is that the spell hit your stomach and the baby died"

My face went from anger to confusion.

"I-I can't even have kids, Remus" I said quietly

"Well clearly you can! Because you were four fucking months preg-"

"I can't get pregnant and you know it"

Because of the yelling two doctors came in and made us quiet.

"Tell her! Tell her what you said to me" Remus said to the doctor.

"Mrs. Lupin, that is true" she said quietly "You were almost four months pregnant"

"Doctor...I- this cannot be true. Doctors have told me over and over that I can't get pregnant, this is impossible. I- I didn't even had a belly, I didn't had a morning sickness..."

"Some women don't have a belly or a morning sickness or any other symptoms. We are really sorry Mrs. Lupin" Was all they said.

We all stayed quiet. I looked at my lap and shook my head, tears falling down on my cheeks.

"Love?" Remus whispered an sat down next to me. He took my right hand in his but I harshly pulled it away "Darling please..."

"Leave me alone" I let out a sob, my voice breaking. "Leave me alone"

"No" He said and took my shaky hand in his "I really thought  you were hiding that from me, I am so sorry my love"

"Where the fuck is the trust between us, huh?"

"I trust you, I do...I just...I was shocked and mad that you would hide something like that"

I let out another sob. Remus laid down next to me and pulled me against him. The doctors left the room, giving us some privacy.

"I am so sorry, honey"

------------------------------------------

We got home, both of us tired and our eyes red and puffy.

Sirius was quickly by my side, hugging me and thanking me for saving his life.

They were all happy we didn't lose a single person that day. Or so they thought.

I didn't want to ruin their happy night but when they all thanked me I just couldn't help but burst into tears once again. I ran up to my room, leaving Remus there to tell what was going on.

He poured himself a glass of whiskey and drank all of it with a one gulp. He poured another one before facing all of the order and the kids. He held his head down when he said it.

"Both of us didn't know it, but Venus was almost four months pregnant. The spell hit our baby"

He took another sip of his whiskey, wiping away his tears.

People lowered their heads as well, thinking about what had just revealed.

Sirius was the one who stood up at first. He walked out of the room and up the stairs, knocking on Venus' door.

Molly brought Remus into a tight hug, knowing the man needed that.

No words were spoken that night.

When Severus walked in, he took a glass with Remus. The two men sat in the dimly lit kitchen, not knowing what to say.

It was an hour later when both Venus and Sirius came downstairs, both of them had their eyes red. Severus was quickly up and brought his daughter into a tight hug. Of course he wanted to say some nasty things to Sirius, but held himself back, realizing how he must have felt.

Molly made dinner, but no one was really hungry, even the kids.

Later than night Remus and I made our way back to the bedroom. He held me in his arms and that was all I needed.

"Can I ask you something?" he whispered and stroked my hair.

"Yeah"

"What Sirius said?"

"He just apologized over and over again. We can't have our baby back, but please don't be mad at him. He said if he had known..."

Remus didn't let her finish the sentence.

"I am not mad at him. I am not mad at you either"

He kissed my forehead softly.

"How's your shoulder?"

"Shit"

"Does it hurt? Doctor gave some pills you have to take"

I nodded and sat up. Remus took the bag of medicine and handed me them with a glass of water.

We laid down again, him listening the silence and me listening his heartbeat.