I promise you

The first knock on his door was quiet. I wasn't sure if I actually wanted him to see me like that. Maybe he was mad at me.

The second knock was a bit louder. I hoped he heard it.

The third knock was loud enough. I heard bed creaking and movements in this room.

My heart was beating so fast,I couldn't breath very well because of that.

When the door opened and the light hit my vision, I squinted my eyes and hovered my hand over my eyes to shut the light out of my vision.

"Venus" he breathed out "what are you doing here?"

"I can't stay in the hospital"

"Why? You should rest and- you shouldn't be here"
He didn't sound mad though. His voice was low and husky as always.

"I can't sleep alone-"

"Venus"

"What?"

"You- you should go back to the hospital. If Poppy sees you are not in there-"

"Please, Remus, let me sleep here and I'll wake up early to sneak back. Please"

He looked away and clenched his jaw. He ran his hand over his face before dropping it back to his side.

"Unless you- you are mad at me and don't want me" I whispered, knowing he could hear me

"No, love, of course I want you here. You have no idea how much I missed you, how worried I was the whole week. Seeing you now here alive and safe, I want nothing more than to hold you but you really shouldn't have sneaked out of the hosp-"

"Remus, I am way too tired to get scolded right now. You either let me in and we can sleep or I'll just go and lurk around the school"

"Absolutely not. Come in"

He let me in, placing his hand on my back and guiding me to the bedroom.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind and placed his head on my head, letting out a sigh.

"I was so worried"

"Remus- don't start, I already feel bad enough and I don't need that guilt trip-"

"I don't want to guilt trip you-"

"Then just don't say anything. Let's not talk about what happened-"

"Okay"

I turned myself around and wrapped my arms around his neck whilst he wrapped his arms around my back.

We looked into each other's eyes for a long time, before I reached up and kissed him softly.

He kissed me back. His one hand cupped my jaw whilst the other hold the small of my back.

When we pulled away, I rested my head against his chest and wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly.

"Let's lay down" he whispered

"Can I have your shirt, please?"

"Of course" he searched for a shirt whilst I took off the hospital gown. I wrapped the blanket around my body and watched him.

He was only in his boxers. I looked at his tall tanned body, full of silver scars. Even though I had seen that body more than I could remember, I was still amazed by it.

Remus turned around, his V- muscle showing. I looked up to him to see he was smirking at me.

"What" I whispered

"Like what you see?"

"Mm, no" I smiled. He chuckled and nodded, mumbling a small 'sure'.

He gave me a shirt and I changed quickly. Remus let out another yawn and climbed back into the bed.

"We can sleep for three hours, I'll wake you up when it's time" he whispered when he wrapped his arms around me and hold me in his warm embrace.

"Mhmm" I mumbled. I laid my head on his chest and hugged his body, listening his steady heartbeat. "I-I promise I'll do better from now on"

"Hm?"

"I'll-I'll take care of my mental health and- and I'll study more- I promise"

I felt how he kissed the top of my head.

"I was so ready to leave this world, Remus. But now, but now I realize that when I am with you, everything is better. I'll talk with dad, I am trying to change our relationship. I promise you"

He just hold me tighter than before, and that was all I needed.

"I am so proud of you" he whispered before we both fell asleep, finally getting a good sleep because we were in each other's arms.

Remus had some struggle to wake me up, but when I woke up, we snuggled before he walked me back to the hospital wing.

He promised he would see me later today.

We shared few kisses before I laid back down and tried to fall asleep again, he on the other hand had classes to teach today, so he went to prepare for them.

An hour later, Poppy woke me up to give me medicine and change my bandages.

The day went quietly. I tried to eat as much as possible. I was quite proud of myself.

At one moment the curtains were opened and no one else than Harry Potter was standing in front of me, fiddling his fingers.

"Uh, hello" he said

"Hello" I said back, trying not to laugh at his clumsy behavior.

"I heard you are in the hospital wing, I just- wanted to make sure you are alright"

"Yes, I am quite alright now, thank you"

"I brought you chocolate, Professor Lupin always tells us it makes us feel better"

"Yes" I chuckled "that man is obsessed with chocolate"

"He is" we both chuckled "can I uhm sit?"

"Yeah, sure" he took a chair and sat next to me, handing me the bar of chocolate. I opened it and offered him some, he took a piece.
"So, what's up?"

"I- I wanted to thank you for that lesson actually. You taught me a lot and I am very thankful for you"

I clearly hadn't expected something like that from him.

"No yeah it's not a problem. You better beat all the snakes once I graduate"

He chuckled and nodded

"Will do that. I should get going, I have potions soon"

"Very well, have a nice day"

"I hope you'll get better soon" he said before walking out of the hospital wing. I furrowed my brows.

What a weird kid I thought to myself.