Date

I put on my black heels and looked at myself from the mirror for the last time. 

I smile tugged at my lips. I felt fantastic. I felt...beautiful. I didn't even remember when was the last time I wore a dress, maybe in seventh grade when there was the yule ball. Well, it was quite a few years ago. 

I had a black slip dress, black high heels. I wore a makeup, black eye liner and red lipstick included. My hair was half up and half loose. 

I had my earrings and one elegant ring on my finger. It felt weird not to wear all of my rings. 

I took a deep breath before grabbing my coat  and stepping out of the room. 

I made my way downstairs carefully. I knew Remus was waiting for me in the kitchen so I walked over there. 

I opened the door and my gaze fell on Remus. He turned to look at me, his body stilled and his mouth hung open a little. 

Molly let out a gasp and Abby smiled brightly. 

I turned my focus back on Remus and smiled at him, looking him up and down. 

He looked so handsome.

Remus cleared his throat and walked over to me, placing his hand on my back and leaning down to kiss my cheek. 

"You look like a goddess, my love" 

"You look really handsome as well" I smiled up at him. 

"Venus, you look so beautiful" Molly said. I thanked her and smiled. I turned to look at Matilde who had a very sour face. I smirked at her, making her roll her eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" Remus asked from me, leaning down to kiss my cheek again, making me chuckle. 

"I am" 

Remus and Sirius shared a look, but I was oblivious to it. Remus took my coat and hold it for me, helping me to put it on. I thanked him before taking his hand in mine and walking out of the house. 

"So, Mister Lupin, where are we going to?" 

"This, Miss Snape, is a secret" 

"Well aren't you a man full of secrets" I teased, we both knew I was think yesterday's 'secret'.

"We have to apparate-"

"No" I groaned "That's the last thing I want right now" 

"It will be fine" he said to me and kissed my head "Hold my hand tightly" 

Remus apparated us on a street that was pitch black, only the start and moon illuminated the ground. He wrapped his arms around me and asked if I was feeling okay. When I told me everything was alright he took my hand and led me on another street. 

We walked for about ten minutes, hand in hand, through the streets of London. 

"Here" Remus placed his hand on my lower back and led me through a door. I looked around, my eyes widening as I saw the restaurant we were in. One man came up to us and asked if we have a reservation. Remus told him his last name and the man led us over to a table. 

Remus pulled out a chair for me before taking a seat himself. 

"It is really beautiful in here" I said to him and looked around, being in awe of the old building. 

"I am glad you like it" he smiled and took my hands in his. I looked at him and smiled "You look absolutely stunning, love" 

"Thank you" I blushed "It's weird to feel a dress though" 

"I can imagine" he chuckled "But I am glad you are wearing this dress, it suits you so perfectly" 

Before I could say anything  a woman came up to us. She handed us two menus and a drink menu. She asked if she could get us something immediately, but we told her we are going to look at the menus first. She smiled at us and left. 

I opened the menu and my eyes widened once again. 

"The prices, Remus! Why did you reserve this place? There as much cheaper-"

"Shh, darling. You relax and enjoy tonight. I think we deserve some time for ourselves" 

"Yes, but-"

"No buts, now look what you want to eat, don't look at the prices" 

It took us some time but finally we ordered our food and agreed that today we can have a wine or two. 

The night went quietly. We ate, talked and laughed, enjoyed our food and drank our red wine. We listened to the violins and a piano playing, both enjoying the music. It was truly beautiful.

We both felt that we really needed this time together outside of the house. Just being away from others in a different room was not the same. We felt both so relaxed and happy to be outside, no worries or thoughts about our everyday life. 

I looked over to Remus. He was wearing a black tuxedo and a white shirt. His hair was comber, but by now it was slightly messy. He just looked so attractive. I couldn't help but admire how I ended up with such a beautiful man. 

Remus turned to look at me again, surprised to see me already looking at him. He offered me a sweet smile before lifting up his glass and waiting for me to do the same. 

Holding an eye contact he said "to us" before clinking our glasses together and taking a sip of our wine.  Remus cleared his throat before standing up and offering me his arm. 

"May I have this dance, darling?" 

I got slightly nervous, but his smile told me that everything was alright. We walked over to the dance floor where some older couples were dancing as well. 

"Remember the night of the yule ball?" he asked me, holding me close as we slow danced.

"I remember every moment we spent together" I whispered to him, running my hand through his hair. "We were so...smitten with each other, just like now, nothing has changed" 

"Nothing has changed" he whispered 

The song ended and when the new song started, I looked up to Remus excitedly.

"It's our song" I said, a big smile on my lips

"It is" he smiled back, both of our eyes glistering. Remus leaned down and kissed my lips softly, making sure not to ruin my lipstick. 

A man started to sing 'Love Me Tender'. 

When we pulled away I chuckled, wiping away the red lipstick from his lips. 

"Venus?" Remus said after I was done

"hm?" 

"I have told you this over and over, but the first day I met you, I fell for you immediately. I knew how wrong it was to like a student, someone who is much younger than me, but I couldn't help it. When you started to show me you like me back, my first instinct was to push you away, but you fought. You fought for our love. You showed me what love is, you showed me someone can love a beast like me. You changed me. I don't see myself as a beast anymore. You have made everything thousand of times better. I love you so much Venus and I want you to know that" 

All the voices disappeared when he talked. I was focusing just on him, nothing else. 

"And that's why I am asking you to be my wife. Will you marry me, Venus?"