The Yule Ball

Time passed way too quickly.

All the lessons were over and now it was Christmas spirit in the castle.

Today was the Yule Ball. Everyone seemed so excited about it. At first I wasn't, but the thought of spending my next weeks with Remus made me feel excited.

Me and Remus. We were so smitten with each other. I sneaked to his office at nigh time. We mostly cuddled and shared kisses. We didn't complain.

We were so happy with each other.

"I don't know what it is, and I don't want to scare you, but I feel so free with you, it feels so right to be with you" I rambled

"I know exactly what you feel darling" he whispered and kissed my knuckles "I feel the same"

Oh Remus, the secret glances and smiles in the corridors or in the Great Hall. The sneaking around. Kissing in the corridors when no one was around.

The thrill. We loved that.

I let out a sigh and smiled when I thought about him. I turned to look at the clock on my wall. I had at least three hours of free time.

I groaned and turned myself on my stomach.

I knew Lucian and Morgan were in their dorm, but I didn't feel like spending time with them. An hour ago dad shouted at me for no reason, so I didn't want to bother him either.

Remus. No. I was scared that he will get tired of me. Our 'relationship' was in a very early phase so I didn't want to bother him randomly.

So I laid there, not knowing what to do.

Even though I just said that I won't bother him, I pulled on my jumper, put on my boots and made my way to his office.

He wasn't in his classroom, I knew he had a lot of grading to do. I walked up the stairs to his office, the door was already opened.

I peeled in and smiled. I knocked slightly on the door and he turned to look at me.

"Hi" he smiled brightly

"Hi. I came just for a moment" I said and stepped into the room

"Is everything alright?" He asked worriedly

"Yes! Yes, everything is absolutely okay. I have a lot of free time and I have finished all my books, I thought maybe you could lend me something?"

"Of course" he stood up and walked over to the bookshelf. "What kind o-"

"You choose, I have no idea" I chuckled

He smiled and took out 'Pride and Prejudice'.

"It's one of my favorites" he said and handed it to me

"Really?"

"Yep"

"I have wanted to read it for so long, thank you"

"Just, be careful with it, yeah? It's pretty old copy. The book is full of my notes so if you want a better co-"

"No, it's perfect. I'll hold it carefully"

He smiled and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I can't wait to see you tonight" he whispered, a smile on his lips.

"Neither can I"

We smiled at each other and Remus pulled me close, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips.

"You are really going alone?"

"Yes" I laughed "why are you still surprised? I have told you that for thousands of times already"