Detention

"Lupin, do you have time?" Snape asked. He was furious

"I do, what's the matter?"

"Miss Snape has a detention but I have business to attend to"

"Oh, uh yes when-" before he could finish his sentence, Snape pulled the door open and told me to go.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the room. Dad shut the door with a bang.

"For what did you got a detention?" He asked and stood up.

"I punched Flint"

"You punched a fellow classmate?" His eyebrows raised, he was clearly surprised.

"Yes" I whispered and looked at my bloody knuckles what dad didn't let me clean. Lupin eyes fell in them too.

"Sit down" he on the other hand walked up to his office. I sat down, trying to move my fingers but it hurt.

Soon I heard steps and he was walking down. He walked in front of me, pulled out a chair and sit down in front of me.

"Let me patch them up" he said gently. He took my hand in his, his hands were so soft and warm, scarred.

"Must have been a strong punch"

"It was" I whispered. I hated when guys touched me, the only exceptions were dad, Morgan and Lucian.

But now, when he hold my hand, it felt okay.

"Can I ask why did you punched him?"

I looked how he cleaned the blood away with a wet cloth.

"He said some offensive things"

"As?"

"He just insulted, let it be" I said. I didn't want him to find out what Flint had said.

He nodded "Now, try to be calm, it may hurt"

He took out a small bottle of liquid. Dittany.

He applied it on my knuckled in small drops. I hissed in pain, I didn't even realized the I had clutched onto his left arm. It felt like entirety.

"Done" he said and quickly put the vial away. He took my hands in his and looked at me
"I am going to bandage your hand"

I nodded.

"I need you to let go of my hand" he chuckled softly. I furrowed my brows and looked down.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry- I didn't reali-"

"It's okay, don't worry" he shook his head, a gentle smile on his face. As he searched for the bandage I looked at him.

He was closer than yesterday. The scars, for some reason I really liked the scars. They suited for him. His eyebrows were furrowed, making worry lines on his forehead.

"Are you ready for your classes?" He asked

"Not really"

"Do you have any lesson you don't really like?"

"Arithmancy, I think"

"Why?"

"The previous professor- we didn't really get along so she made my life a living hell"

"Care to share?"

"There's not much to say"

"Well, now you have very good teacher I must say"

"Who?"

"Matilde Vincent" he said and stood up, gathering the things.

"Haven't heard her name before"

"You see her on Monday" he smiled and went to take a seat on his chair

"Thank you" I said, motioning on my now bandaged hand "Snape didn't let me clean it up"

"At least now it's clean. Anyway, detention- you can't write, can you?"

"No"

"Then I have bunch of test what needs to be sorted. You can do that"

"Alright" I had done this many times, mostly helped dad or Minerva with it so it was nothing new to me.

"Oh, I talked with da- professor Snape"

He raised his eyebrows and looked at me.

"What did he say?"

"That I can do potions first. It will be easy, I probably get my things done by the end of the week"

"That's good"

And then we fell into a silence. He graded and I organized.

The time went quickly.

"I hope I won't hear again that you punched someone"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes yes. Can I go now?"

"Yes"

"Goodbye"

It wasn't like we didn't see each other in the Great Hall when it was dinner time.

I was sitting in the Slytherin table, everything seemed okay, but Merlin how quickly can a word spread.

"Nice punch Snape" was the most heard thing in the Slytherin table. I rolled my eyes at everyone but I couldn't help but smile a little. I was proud.

And when Flint stepped inti rhe Great Hall, well, a lot of people sniggered. Of course, there were Slytherins who wanted to punch me for what I did.

Yet, no one never did it because of my father. I think that if Snape wouldn't be my father, I would be dead by now.

Every year there was someone who I got into a fight with.

Once the food appeared on the table, people calmed down. I talked with my favorite boys. At one point I looked up to the Head Table.

Dad, Minerva and Dumbledore were talking. Flitwick was having a conversation with Hagrid. And then Lupin, he was talking with a blond woman.

"Who is she?" I asked from Lucian

"Who?"

"The woman Lupin is talking to"

"Arithmancy professor, Vincent or whatever she was"

"Oh" "uhm, are they...dating?"

"Lupin and Vincent?" Morgan asked

"Yes"

The boys let out a laugh at that.

"Merlin no. They are close though, but no- they aren't"

"If I didn't knew better I would say they are dating"

They seemed close. Her hand was often touching his hand. They laughed and talked freely.

"Hot woman, isn't she?" Lucian asked

"I mean- she is beautiful but not that beautiful" I said and turned back to my food.

"I would fuck her" Lucian said

"Shut up" I groaned.

The boys didn't shut up. They talked entire night about her. I got tired of their conversations so I made my way to my dorm.

I took off the bandage I had and let my hand be free. I tried to heal it with some magic but nothing happened. I knew a lot of spells about healing yet nothing worked.

The night I didn't do much. I took a shower and decided to read a book.

I realized then that I really wasn't ready to go to school yet.

———
Sorry for the long pause guys, I'll make it up to you!
It was my birthday, I am 18 now!! Damn.  Can't believe it.
Anyway, hope you liked the new chapter. Like and comment!