Press conference

"Bean, no" I grimaced when Theo's cat jumped on top of a shelf where laid different plants what were now laying on the ground.

"You fucking cat" I groaned and looked at the mess. Bean hissed at me before running proudly out of the room.

I promised to look after Bean. He was the cutest cat on earth when Theo was around but as soon as Theo was away, the cat was a pain in the ass.

I quickly took my wand and mumbled a repero and then the broken piece came back together.

I quickly changed my clothes, gave that little asshole some food and water and made my way to another training.

It was as tiring as usual.

We played for about half and hour. When the training was over, our coach asked me to stay behind.

Everyone looked confused and oh how my heart started to beat in my chest. I took off the knee and elbow pads and walked over to him.

"Snape, come with me"

—————————————————

"What's up?" Abby asked once she came to my apartment. I told her to come as soon as possible because I had news to her

"If it's that you got over Remus, I don't believe you or if it's that you -"

"It's not about Remus" I said to her

"Hmm, should I actually believe that? You were this happy wh-"

"Don't you dare say that, Abby" I warned her "it really isn't about him. I don't care what he is doing, where he is, with who he is- I do not care"

"Fine" she sighed "What is going on then?"

"You won't believe" I breathed out and poured myself a glass of whiskey. Abby raised her eyebrows at that but didn't say a thing.

"Basically" I started and took a sip "I am going to play in the World Cup this August, in Ireland team"

"What" she laughed "no fucking way. How??"

"there is something wrong with the seeker in Ireland team and he can take participate and that lead to them searching for a new seeker. Yes, they have other seeker to take when needed, but they said that I have a lot of potential so... I am going to be in the Ireland team"

Abby walked over to me and hugged me really tightly

"I am so fucking proud of you"

"Thank you"

"We gotta celebrate that"

"I can't get drunk, I need to have more trainings than before"

"C'mon, one drink"

"Fine" I sighed "just- let me talk to dad and Minerva and then I am going to write to Theo"

"Sure"

It seemed like we were getting drunk every night, but it really wasn't that way. We had few drinks in the local pub and thankfully Abby understood that I has training the next morning.

"Fuck wait, we gotta see Bean as well"

—————————————————

"Look at here! Yes, very good, now, please answer some of my questions"

Rita Skeeter. Oh how I hated her already.

I had my first training in the Ireland team. All I wanted was to get to know the guys and just get comfortable with the new situation, but Rita didn't let me do it.

She had been following me the whole morning, taking pictures of my every step. I knew I couldn't say anything because she would use that against me.

All the guys in the team were also done with her. She had bothered them as well, but it seemed like it wasn't their first time.

Well, of course, they were famous and everything.

"Snape, your press starts soon"

I nodded to my teammates and jogged to their side. We all heard how Skeeter yelled for me to come back, that my interview haven't even started yet.

"When will we get rid of her?" The boys laughed at that

"Hopefully by the end of the day, but maybe she chooses to lurk in front of our houses"

"Oh gosh"

"You wanna come to the pub with us today? We are just getting some drinks with the boys"

"I've been drinking almost every night" I groaned

"C'mon Venus"

"Fine" I chuckled "what do I have to do in that press conference?"

"Just talk some shit, tell them how glad you are to get into the team and all"

"Thanks for the help"

We took our seats behind the long table. I looked around, cameras were absolutely everywhere and eager reporters as well.

On of the chasers, Troy, nudged my shoulder and I looked over to him, raising my eyebrows.

"You'll be fine, we are here all for you"

"Thanks"

The conference started and for a moment it was all silent.  And then, a question after question. It seemed like the reporter were interested only in me.

Well, it was kinda expected. I was the new member in the team and I was the only girl among the boys. I was also the youngest.

The conference went on about for an 30 minutes and then it was time to assign the formal contract.

"You are all over the news by tomorrow" Troy laughed "good job by the way"

I just laughed along, no words came from me.

"Welcome to the team" the captain and our coach shook hands with me and both gave me polite smiles that I returned.

The day went on and I made my way over to Theo's house. I fed Bean and took a shower. I went to Theo's bedroom and laid down on the bed, closing my eyes and within seconds I fell asleep.

When I woke up at one point, I was starving. There was nothing to eat. I looked at the clock to see it was time to go out.

I changed my clothes and apparated to the pub we promised to meet.

The boys were already there. We hugged and sat down.

"I don't know about you, but I am starving"

"There's really good food in here"

"Good"

I ordered pasta and for a drink I got firewhiskey. It was all Remus and I ate for most of our nights.

"I am quite scared about the news tomorrow. Skeeter is known for lying shit together"

"At least people know then that it is shit"

"Well,yeah, but still"

"Nah, don't worry, everything will be fine"

"I hope so"

Me and the boys sat in the pub for a very long time. We all got drunk, danced, took another shots and laughed.

The boys didn't let me walk home alone, even though I had the chance to apparate.

We bid goodbye once we were in front of my flat. I walked to my house, pulled on one of Remus' shirts that he had left behind and laid down on the bed, crying myself to sleep once again.