Abby

I picked the skin of my thumb and looked at the two professors sitting in front of me.

They were both looking back at me.

"I don't know" I have told them that for countless of times already, yet, they didn't stop asking me questions.

"You should think about being a potioneer" Minerva said "you have excellent grades in potions and you know how to make them"

"I don't know"

"The end of the school is nearly here, Venus, y-"

"I know" I groaned "I am not that interested in being a potioneer"

"Do you have any ideas what would you like to do?"

"I- I do, but, I don't know, I can't really be that"

"What is it?" Dad asked

"Doesn't matter"

"Of course it does"

"I should get going, my next class starts in 5 minutes" I said

"You can't run away from this Venus, we want you to have a good job and life after graduation"

"If I graduate"

"You are doing good right now, you will graduate"

I sighed and looked down at my lap.

"We'll let you go, but if you want to talk, then we are here for you"

I nodded and took a note from dad, before going to arithmancy.

The lessons of the day were quite boring. Nothing really happened, the worst thing was that I couldn't hold my eyes open.

I was so tired.

Last night, I had stayed with Remus for a few hours. Even though we didn't do much, I got back to my dorm really late and couldn't fall asleep for some time.

And now the talk with Minnie and dad about my future...I really needed a cigarette.

I walked out of the castle, to the bridge.

It was nearly the start of February, it was still cold and snow was on the ground.

But I couldn't help but smile a little at the thought of spring being here soon. It was my favorite season.

I sat down on the bench and lit my cigarette.

Once again, I thought about Buddy. It has been so long since I last saw him. There were times when I called his name, but nothing.

I thought maybe he had found himself a family. I hoped so.

But what got my attention was a figure walking around the yard. It took me quite a while to understand who was walking there.

"Abby" I called when I walked closer to her.

Her head snapped up and she smiled, but it didn't reach to her eyes.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Just came for a walk"

"Without a coat? It's so cold, here, take this" I gave her my own coat. She told me to keep it, but I didn't listen.

"What's wrong, Abby?"

She sighed and looked at the frozen pond.

"I fucked up" she whispered

"What?"

"I- I don't know what to do"

I handed her a cigarette to cool her nerves. When she lit it, she gave me back my lighter and in slow pace, started to walk somewhere.