Dance

"As we all know, Yule ball is coming closer with each day" Dumbledore started "every house is going to have dance lessons with their head of the house"

I looked at dad and tried not to laugh. He looked so done with himself. He caught my gaze and if I was someone else- I would be dead by that gaze.

"Every house has a meeting after the dinner in their own common rooms!" He clapped his hands two times and food appeared on the table.

"No, but think, Snape teaching us how to dance?" Lucian laughed and Morgan snickered

"Does he even know how to dance?" Morgan asked

"He does. Why are you acting so childish? It's just a ball- oh, have you asked someone already to be your date?"

"I am going with Aurora" Morgan said

"I am going with Elizabeth. Has someone already asked you out?"

"No, and whoever asks- I will say no"

"Why?"

"I'd like to enjoy my night, not be miserable with some bloke"

"Ah yes, Snape's aren't dating with anyone"

"Exactly" we chuckled and continued with our eating.

At one point I found myself looking up to the Head Table. Everyone were having a conversation with someone. Dad, Minerva and Dumbledore were talking. Flitfick and Sprout were talking. Remus and Vincent were talking.

Remus was back. He looked better and more energetic. He was laughing at something what Vincent had said. I felt jealous. She was the one for him, I saw it.

Maybe he felt my gaze, because he turned to look at me. Our eyes met and both of us didn't look away.

He was still talking with her. He saw it hurt me.

And then I looked away. I cleared my throat and excused myself from the table, no longer having an appetite.

I walked to the Slytherin common room and took the best seating place. I lit the fire and waited for others to come.

I knew the dinner would go on for at least half an hour, I came back too quickly. I walked up to my dorm to get a book and then made my way back downstairs.

I started to read my book and like that, the time passed quickly.

I was startled when the common room door opened with a bang. All kids fiddled in, it got so crowded, I was glad I got a spot earlier.

It was so loud there, I was getting nervous, I felt uncomfortable. I was glad when dad stepped in, everyone stayed quiet.

"Slytherins are going to practice with Gryffindors" he said and many of the students groaned. "Your lessons will be on Mondays and Thursdays- everyone will have to attend, who doesn't gets a detention. Lessons are from 4pm until 6pm. Is there any questions?"

It was silence.

"You are free. Miss Snape comes with me"

Students walked up to their dorms and I made my way towards dad. He motioned for me to go with him.

We walked to his classroom and I watched as he searched for a potion.

"You are having nightmares again?" He asked

"How do you know?"

"You have bags under your eyes"

"Yeah" I sighed and sat down on a table.

He turned to me and handed me a vial.

"You told me I can't drink it anymore" I watched the dreamless potion in my hand.