Birthday

I looked at him through my heavy eyelids.

His scarred chest was rising and falling slowly, he was in a deep sleep. I snuggled closer what made Remus unconsciously wrap his arms tighter around me.

Sadly, I had to get up from the bed. I knew he would have preferred to wake up seeing me next to him, but today we had plans.

It was Remus' birthday today and I wanted to make him a good breakfast for the start.

He knew how much I hated cooking. When I was younger it was always Minnie or dad making me some food. Or I just ate what Hogwarts gave.

I never cooked.

And even now, I usually sat behind and let Remus cook. Sometimes I helped him, just sometimes.

But now, I wanted to make him a good breakfast and surprise him with it. I took one of his shirts from the wardrobe and pulled it over my head.

I closed the door behind me and casted a silencing spell so the voices wouldn't wake him up.

I sighed as I looked at the kitchen. I walked over to the kitchen and took out eggs and milk. I took flour from one of the drawers and put them all on the table.

I found a bowl and with another sigh I started to make pancakes for him. I really debated on going to the kitchens and asking for house elves to make the pancakes, but I decided against it.

I tried not to lose my shit as I cooked. After thirty minutes, all the pancakes were ready. I made him a cup of tea, he always drank tea in the mornings.

I placed the things on the table before taking chocolate cake out of the fridge. I placed candles on top of it and lit them.

I lifted the cake up and made my way over to our bedroom, where he was sleeping. I put on the lights what woke him up.

He stirred and rubbed his eyes before pushing himself up on his elbows.

"Happy birthday, Remus" I said, a smile on my face.

He looked really confused. He ran his hand over his face again and looked at the clock and then back at me.

"It's seven in the morning, why are you awake?" He groaned

"Because it's your birthday"

he sighed before laying down again. I furrowed my brows and looked at the cake in my hands and then back to him.

"Get up now" I whispered "I made you breakfast"

"Hm"

"Remus" I whined and placed the cake on the bedside table before moving to sit on top of him. He opened his eyes and looked at me, his hands on my hips.

"What's wrong?" I whispered "don't say 'nothing', because I see there is something"

"There really isn't anything. I am just tired"

"I can let you sleep then" I whispered and got off of his lap.

I just felt embarrassed. I bit the inside of my cheek and turned myself so he wouldn't see my face.

I just felt really embarrassed.

Remus placed his hand on the back of my thigh, but i stepped away.

"I am going to study" I said quietly and took my own clothes and made my way out of the room.

It wasn't even a second when I heard the bedroom door opening. I looked over at him and then looked at the floor.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"If I would have known that you don't like your birthday then I wouldn't have done anything, really. Sorry"

"No, no. I- I am really grateful and really surprised you even knew it's my birthday today. It's just- I haven't celebrated my birthday since my friends passed away" he whispered the last part.

I turned myself around and took his hands in mine.

"I am sorry" I whispered, I simply didn't know what to say

"Don't say that" he whispered and cupped my cheeks "you-"

"We can act like it's just a random da-"

"I don't want to act like it's a random day. I- I didn't tell you about my birthday because I really didn't want to celebrate it, but now, that you came to our room with that cake and that sweet smile on your face- I want to spend it with you"

I smiled and pulled him down for a kiss.

"Happy birthday, Remus"

"Thank you" he smiled and kissed my forehead "I might get you back to bed, you know what it does to me when you are wearing my shirt and nothing under it"

"Take me to bed then, birthday boy" I giggled and let out a squeal when he scooped me up from the ground and walked us over to the bedroom.

After having some fun time in the bed, we took a relaxing bath together. We brushed our teeth, I moisturized Remus' face with my face cream and then we got dressed.

We ate the breakfast what came out surprisingly good. Remus said over and over again how I should cook more often. I just shook my head and told him no.

After eating the pancakes, Remus also wanted his cake. I lit the new pair of candles so he could make a wish.

"I have everything I already need" he whispered while looking into my eyes. I had to bit my lip to stop grinning like an idiot.

Remus pulled me into his lap and hold me close to him. I placed a kiss on his cheek before resting my head against his shoulder.

Remus made a wish and blew off the candles.

He gave me a soft kiss on my lips.

"Wait" I smiled and got up from his lap. I walked over to his office and came back with a small box.

"Love" he whispered "you shouldn't have"

"It's your birthday, John"

He took the present and kissed me again. I sat back down on his lap and watched nervously as he opened his present.

"Read the card when you are alone, it's- yeah, just read it when you are alone"

He nodded and placed it aside. There was a quite long speech about how important he is to me. Just a really cheesy, but sweet speech.

Remus opened the present and whispered a small 'wow'.

I looked from him to the brown watch and then back to him.

"Love" he said "it's absolutely beautiful"

I smiled at him. He had a big smile on his face.

"Thank you" he looked at me, I nodded. With one hand he cupped my cheek and placed his lips on my lips. "You are amazing"

I chuckled a little.

"I am glad you like it. It took me some time to find the best one"

He shook his head, amazed by the woman in his lap.

"Happy birthday, John"

"You made this day special again, thank you"

——————

I want to remind you that english is not my first language, sorry for all the mistakes and not perfect sentences haha.
Also, high school is coming to an end, I have my first exam tomorrow! But writing this story is one of my fav things so I'll try to keep updating it.
Thank you all for the feedback, it always makes me smile when I see someone has commented.