Dinner at Theo's house

The weeks passed quickly. Too quickly.

Every lesson was filled with preparing for our N.E.W.Ts. It was horrendous.

I had migraine almost every other day. I had hard time focusing in class, but thankfully, Remus was there for me.

When I visited him, we took the time to go through the things but made sure that it wasn't too much for me.

Remus wasn't really any better. He was stressed. There were OWLs for fifth years, NEWTs for seventh years. Other classes needed tests and grading as well.

What wasn't helping at all was the upcoming full moon. It was really just around the corner. Remus was more moody than usual.

It was Saturday when we had sat on his bed, Remus was leaning against the headboard and I sat next to him. He was reading his book quietly and I was just hoping that he would put the book down and cuddle me.

But he had avoided me the whole day.

"Rem" I whispered "is there a way I could make you feel better?"

No answer. I felt pain in my heart.

"I know the full moon is tonight and you are in pain, but please don't push me away. Just- let me be here for you"

He let out a big sigh and dropped his book on his lap.

I slowly placed my hand on top of his and hold it there. He didn't push it away this time.

"I want you to know that you have no reason to be jealous, Remus"

"You are going to Theodore's house. How can I not be jealous?" He snapped

"Because there is nothing between him and I. It's only you and me Remus. Just us"

"What if he has feelings for you-"

"Do you think that I would choose him over you" I scoffed

"Every normal woman would choose a wealthy, good-looking man over me"

"You know damn well Remus that I do not want anyone else than you"

"What if he tries to kiss yo-"

"Then I am going to punch him! Remus, he knows about you. He knows how madly in love I am with you"

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

He slowly wrapped his arm around me and pulled me against his body.

"I love you"

"I love you way more"

Remus hugged me tightly and whispered how sorry he was how he acted the whole day. He was still bitter, but not as much as before.

We laid together for some time before I had to get going.

He didn't want to let me go.

"I wish you could stay here for tonight. You would keep Moony calm and happy"

"Remus" I whispered "you know I would want it, but I can't"

"I know"

"But I'll be back on Sunday" I whispered and tried to calm down my breathing as his hands wandered around my body. "T-take your potion, yeah? You'll be fine"

"I won't be fine without you"

"Remus" I whispered "I can't do anything about that dinner, dad didn't give me any choice. I will be back before you know it"

"Fine" he sighed and dropped his hands from my hips "I'll see you tomorrow"

"I love you so much" I whispered and cupped his cheeks, he did the same to me.

"I love you too"
———————————————

"Hello Theo" I whispered into his ear as we hugged

"Hi " he whispered back before letting me go.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. How are you?"

"I am doing well. Here, let me take this, I'll show you your rooms"

Theo took my bag in his hands and lead us over to the second floor of the house. I looked around like it was my first time being there.

There were two rooms close to each other what were mine and dad's rooms. Theo showed us, more to like dad, where his room was. It was near to us.

Whilst dad and Theo went back downstairs to catch up, I stayed in my room for some time.

They needed their own time and I just had to mentally prepare myself to spend the whole night in this house.

I made my way over to the window and looked at the big beautiful yard he had. And then I looked at the sky. Just a few more hours and Remus would be in more pain.

I just wished I could be there for him tonight. I felt like something was wrong. Like something bad would happen.

I don't know why I felt that.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by knocking on my door.

"Yes" I called. The door opened and Theodore stood there "dinner is ready" he said with a smile.

"Oh" I said "give me two minutes"

"Sure" he closed the door behind himself and walked back down.

When I went down to the kitchen everything was decorated and everything in his house was just so beautiful.

I was amazed by his house the last time as well.

He smiled when he saw me. I took a seat behind the table and silently listened what they were talking about.

A boring chat about work as usual.

The dinner went quite well actually. It wasn't awkward at all. When sipping our wines, we all got a bit drunk and that eased the situation.

It was past one when dad said that he was going to sleep. We wished him good night and watched as he disappeared.

Theo and I made our way to the living room to get more comfortable.

"So" he started "How'a things with the teacher?" He teased

"Shut up" I chuckled "you can't say a word to anyone" I said

"Of course"

"Everything is absolutely amazing" I smiled "we are dating and- and we are very much in love with each other"

"I am happy to hear that, really"

"And you? Has anyone caught your eye?"

"No" he chuckled "I have spent time with my kids and just gave them all my attention"

"How are they?"

"Good. They are spending the summer with me, we are going to Italy with them"

"That's so nice"

We talked for a long time in there. It was almost four in the morning when we both felt tired. We wished each other good night and went to our beds.

I thought about Remus again. The worst had passed, or so I thought.