First day of School

Monday.

It was so hard to get up on my own. It took me half an hour to open my eyes and get up from the bed. I was surprised I got up so quickly. Mostly it took me more than an hour.

I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, made my bed and put on my robes. I put together my books and made my way to the Great Hall.

I slumped down on my chair and laid my head down on the table.

"Miss Snape, this is not a place for sleeping"

I looked up to my dad. I tried so hard not to roll my eyes. I sat up straight after a minute.

"Your timetable" he said and handed it to me.

"Thank you professor"

He gave me a curt nod and walked up to the Head Table. I looked the parchment in my hands- half of the books I brought with me today were completely useless.

I didn't have any time to walk to the dungeons to put them back into my room so I had to carry this heavy bag with me all day.

I tried to eat some cereals but as usual- to eat something in the morning was impossible for me.

Nor Morgan or Lucian came to the breakfast so I had to go to my first class alone. That happened to be potions.

I had my own seat there so I wasn't afraid that I would get some stupid seat. And as turned out, my seat was free. It was in front of the classroom, the nearest to the window.

I often got lost in my thoughts and watched out of the window. Dad told me he would move me if I don't stop with that, but he never did what he said to me.

So here I was, sitting on my chair and waiting patiently for Snape.

The door opened with a bang and dad strode in and then the door shut with a bang.

"Textbooks. Page 56"

I excitedly opened the book and smile grew on my lips when I saw what was in there.

Amortentia

"Sir, we just did that" one Gryffindor boy said

"And you will do it again as most of you dunderheads failed it"

It wasn't the reason.

"You have this lesson and tomorrows lesson to do it. Start"

I quickly went to grab the ingredients and when I returned back to my seat, most of the students still read what they needed.

Dad was already yelling at students. I didn't care. I also didn't understand how hard it is to make a one bloody potion.

Turned out that it was difficult. Students blew their potions up or messed them up completely. I felt bad about dad. I knew he was short tempered person.

"How is it going?" He asked me

"Good. Very well actually" he looked at me cauldron and let out a hmph,

"Good job" he said and left.

Time passed quickly and we had to leave our potions for tomorrow.

And then was the lesson I was dreading the most

Defense against the dark arts.

I was the first one to get there. The door was already open so I stepped in and looked around.

"Miss Snape" Lupin smiled at me, he was sitting behind his table.

"Good morning sir, uhm where are the free seats?"