Graveyard

I pulled the blanked down a little and looked at him.

He had his head down, his hair was covering most of his face. Like he understood, he ran his fingers through his hair and turned to look at me.

His eyes were red and cheeks were swollen. He looked tired.

We looked the same.

Remus let out a small tired chuckle and placed his hand over my leg that was still under the blanket.

"Everything is alright, my love" he whispered again.

I pushed myself up and leaned against the headboard, wiping my now dried tears away and looked at him in silence.

"I went to their grave" he started "I cleaned it and sat down, talked to them. It felt so peaceful. I told them everything, Venus. And I made them, more like Lily a promise. I promised to be on your side and never leave you. I promised to take care of you and make sure you are safe, whatever it takes.

I love you, Venus, and I cannot see you differently after knowing who your mother is. I am sure nothing else could change that either

Now, can I please get a hug?"

"You are such a loser" I laughed, tears running down again and I fell into his embrace "I love you so much"

"I love you more"

We stayed there in each other's arms for a minute before moving into a more comfortable position.

"I am so thankful you told me about your mother" he whispered "A piece of me healed, knowing the truth and future of the little baby on the picture I showed you"

I nodded against his chest.

"I am thankful you don't see me differently. I was scared you will leave me because you would be disgusted about the fact that your late best friend is the mother of your girlfriend"

"I am not disgusted, could never be"

"Good"

"What's with the little tantrum you had? The room was a mess"

"You were supposed to go to your real home for the night and wanted me to pack your things up. I just...I don't know. I was mad"

"Sorry"

"It's...okay. I was just furious that Matilde was the one to tell me the things"

"She eavesdropped, I was talking to Molly actually"

"That little bitch" I said

Remus sighed and caressed my skin.

"A bitch she really is"

"Rem?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you...can you take me to their grave tomorrow?"

"You really want to?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes"

"Then I will take you to their grave"

To say the least, Matilde was really mad that me and Remus were on good terms by the end of the night.

She had clearly hoped for Remus to leave me. Both Remus and I snuggled the whole night in front on her and shared a lot of kisses.

We didn't even pay attention on how well Sirius and Abby got along again.

The next morning after breakfast we told others we were going out. They didn't ask us where we were going, but told us to be safe.

Stepping out of the house, Remus took my hand in his and apparated us over to the graveyard.

"I will show you where the grave is but I will stay behind so you have some space" he said

"Thank you"

We walked for about five minutes hand in hand, enjoying the silence that was there.

Remus stopped at one point and turned me so I was looking at him. He took both my hands in his and kissed my knuckles.

"Take all the time you need, I am going to walk back to where we landed and I'll wait for you there. Whatever it is, take the silencing charm off and I will hear you"

"Mhm"

He pulled me into a hug. I relaxed in his arms, we both felt it. I didn't let go of him for a minute. But when I did, I leaned up and kissed him.

He sent me a last smile before turning away and walking away. 

I took a deep breath before putting on the silencing charm and facing the grave. I started to pick the skin of my thumbs and turned around to look for Remus, but he wasn't in sight anymore.

I stepped closer and looked at the gravestone.

"In loving memory of James Potter and Lily Potter" I whispered.

I kneeled down and brushed off the leaves that had fallen on the ground since yesterday.

I sighed again, not knowing what to say or do.

"Hello" I whispered "I-I don't know if it's true that people in the sky hear us and look out for us, but if it is and you hear me then hi, I am Venus, as you may know. I- I am your daughter, Lily

Remus was here yesterday and told you everything so I don't really know what to say. I don't even know why I am so nervous.

I would like to talk about my childhood and father, I hope James won't be mad" I joked "anyway, if you are interested then I had a really great childhood. Severus was and is such a good father. Minerva was always there to help him and me. We are like a small family. I spent a lot of time in Hogwarts, playing boardgames with Albus, dad said that I liked playing those with him.

I graduated this year, I went to travel with a friend but the war brought me back. I am glad though, I got back with Remus.

Oh, Remus, it sounds so mad and weird to others, but he was my professor when we started to date. We just- fell in love. Comes out that I am Moony's mate. Nothing can keep us apart"

I let out a deep sigh again.

"I have heard a lot of stories of you, from Remus and Sirius. You two were such an amazing couple. I wish I could just meet you properly.

Oh and Harry, we started to talk practically at the end of this school year. I gave him a quidditch lessons. And now that I know we are related, I keep worrying about him. Hogwarts isn't the same as it used to be. He is in danger all the time. But we all try to be there for him"

I sat there for about fifteen more minutes, talking more about my childhood, Harry, Remus, Sirius and everything that came to mind.

I felt much more relaxed after talking.

I wished them a goodbye and made my way back to Remus. He was leaning against a tree, looking at his shoes, hands behind his back.

I took off the silencing charm and he immediately looked at my way. We both smiled a little at each other.

He opened his arms for me and I quickly hugged him. Remus let me sob against his cardigan. He brushed my hair and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

He wiped away my tears and kissed my forehead.

"I am so proud of you" he whispered

I nodded and tried to compose myself.

"Can we go and get an ice-cream?"

"Of course, let's go"