Fever

I was getting sick and I hated it.

The whole day my head felt like it was about to blow up. I was shivering almost all the time. But I still had to attend to classes.

I had gone through two of my classes before I made my way over to Remus' classroom. His door was opened, ready to greet his new class.

He was sitting behind his table, writing something.

I knocked on his door and his head snapped up immediately. He furrowed his brows and stood up.

I stepped inside and shut the door.

"Rem" I whispered and let him cup my cheeks.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I- can I go upstairs and take a nap? I don't feel good"

"Maybe you should go to hospi-"

"No" I said quickly and shook my head "but I can go to my dorm too, that not an issue-"

"No, no, I am not letting you be alone. Let's go upstairs" He placed his hand on the small of my back and lead me upstairs. I had to hold onto him as not to fall.

When we got upstairs we made our way to the bedroom. I quickly laid down on the bed and pulled the covers over my body. Remus insisted that I should change my clothes. He gave me his shirt, jumper and sweatpants.

I even pulled on his woolen socks.

"Let me get you a glass of water" he whispered and walked over to the kitchen. After changing the clothes I laid back down, this time, on his side of the bed. My arms were so weak as I took the pillows from my side and hugged them.

When Remus came back, he placed the water on the nightstand and sat down on the bed, next to me. He wrapped the blanket tightly around my body and placed his lips against my forehead.

"You have a fever, a small one but still"

"I can go to my dorm if-"

"Absolutely not"

He laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around me.

"I have few more classes today, I can't cancel them. But, I am going to check you from time to time, you should try to sleep"

I nodded.

"I'll let other professors know that you have fallen ill"

I nodded again.

"Can you please get me that blanket from your office? It's so cold"

"Do you want tea?"

"No"

He brought me the blanket and when he saw the time, his lesson had already started. He tucked me in and gave me few more kisses before making his way back to his classroom.

He even muted the room so I could sleep.

My temperature was rising when I was sleeping. Well, it wasn't really an actual sleep. I was tossing around and I was sweating a lot.

All my body was aching badly.

I took off the socks, the sweatpants, the sweater, but I had to get back under the covers because it was hot and cold at the same time.

It took me only few minutes to fall back asleep.

I didn't even heard how Remus came and checked on me after every 15 minutes, every time adjusting the blanket and wiping away the sweat on my forehead.

"Rem" I whispered one time, knowing that he couldn't hear me. I just wished he would. I pushed the blankets off and sat up.

I had to quickly make my way to the bathroom.

I didn't heard the bedroom door opening so it made me jump slightly when I felt his one hand gathering my hair and the other rubbing soft circles on my back.

"Go away" I whispered "it's disgusting"

He only placed a kiss on my shoulder and didn't move. I threw up again.

When I finally felt I was done, I stood up, my whole body was shaking and tears were running down on my cheeks.

I washed my face and my teeth quickly.

"I should have a quick shower" I whispered against his chest as we hugged.

"Want me to come in the shower with you?"

"I'll be fine"

"If there is anything then let me know" I nodded and took a step back.

While I was showering, Remus brought me new pair of clothes to wear. I changed into them and quickly made our way back to bed.

He had even changed the bedsheets because they were sweaty.

Remus walked to the bedroom, two cups of tea in his hands. He placed the on the nightstand table before going back to the kitchen.

He brought me berries and fruits to eat.

I took an banana and peeled it, taking a small bite. I just watched as he fussed around the room.

"Here, take a three sips of this" he gave me a potion. I did as he told me. I gagged at the disgusting taste.

Remus brushed my hair out of my face and pressed a kiss on my forehead

"How you feeling, love?"

"Shit" I whispered. He laid under the covers and let me snuggle against him. He wrapped his arms around me.

He took the bowl of berries and fed me some until I said I didn't want more.

"What time is it?" I asked

"Others have lunch right now"

"You should go and have lunch-"

"No, no"

"You have another two classes then, right?"

"Yes" 

I looked up to him and pursed my lips.

"Are you sure you want me here? Maybe you get sick and -"

"I am asking you nicely to shut your mouth"
We both smiled a little and I let Remus to brush his thumb over my cheekbone.
"Do you want to sleep?"

"No. My whole body is aching"

"The potion should ease it soon"

I shifted on my side and wrapped my arm around his stomach. My head was resting on his chest.

"I am already tired of being ill"

I watched as he draw a patters on my hand with his finger. He didn't say anything, silence fell between us.

Even though I wasn't that tired, I fell asleep once again.

Remus continued to draw the patters and rub soft circles on my back. All he wanted was to take off his clothes and lay down with Venus, to fall asleep but he had two more lessons to go.

Thankfully, the two lessons went quickly. He didn't even stay in his classroom to grade the papers, he just walked up to his quarters to be with his girlfriend.

The two snuggled the whole night. Remus made sure that Venus was feeling good and when she wasn't, he either made her food, hold her or did whatever she asked for.