Until I found you

Thankfully, the next morning dad wanted to go back to the castle early.

Theo walked into my room as I was just about to walk in. I raised my eyebrows and waited for him to say something.

He simply reached forward his hand what hold two packs of cigarettes. I furrowed my brows and looked at him.

"Take them, I am not smoking anymore"

"How come?"

"Because of my kids, I don't think it's wise to smoke in front of them"

"That's quite right" I took the packs and shoved them in my bag "Thank you"

He smiled and let me step out of the room. We walked downstairs where dad was waiting for us already.

"Ready?"

"Ready"

We said our goodbyes and apparated back to Hogwarts. I had to come up with a plan on how to sneak to the other side as soon as possible, but when we walked through the doors and saw Harry and Hermione running to the hospital wing, dad told me he is going to see what's happening.

I nodded and as soon as he was out of the sight, I run to Remus' apartment. I frowned when his classroom and office door were both opened, but didn't think much about it.

I stilled when I saw him sitting behind an empty desk, map laying open in front of him. He didn't raise his head, he knew I was here.

"Rem" I whispered and took a small step closer to him

He just shook his head and lowered it even more.

"Don't" he said. His voice was ragged, tired.

"What's going on love?"

"Everything is over" he said

"What?" I furrowed my brows "talk to me, please"

He raised his head but couldn't look at my way. I walked closer to him and cupped his left cheek with my right hand. When he finally looked at me, I saw how red and puffy his eyes were from crying.

My heart ached for him.

"What happened?"

"So much" he whispered and shook his head, making me lose my touch with him "everything I was scared of...it happened"

"Remus, I don't understand"

"I saw them on the map, Sirius and Peter, Harry, Ron and Hermione all together in one place" he sniffed "I went there, it's all blurry in my mind. I forgot to take my potion. Kids saw me. Hermione has known it all along. Sirius is out in the world, hiding again. I resigned, I don't have a job anymore-"

"Wh-why did you resign?"

"I am dangerous. I am dangerous to everyone in this castle. That's- that's why we are over, Venus, there is no us anymore"

"What" I laughed, shocked what he had just said "Remus"

"I can't do this anymore, Venus. I- I love you so much it hurts. I am putting you in danger-"

"No-"

"Please, don't talk back, I don't have the energy-"

"I am not letting you just go because-"

"You have to. I am going to leave, Venus. My love towards you would never vanish, but I have been so stupid to think that I would be the man for you-"

"You are the man for me!"

"You need to see that I am not. Your father hates me. I am a werewolf, bad for the society, I don't have anything to give you- the life you deserve-"

"You love me, you said that, that's all what matters, love" I cried. My eyes were filled with tears by now.

"It won't work. I am sorry"

"Remus please don't do this to me. I am begging you"

"I'm sorry"

"You- you healed me, Remus. My- my life was so shit before you came into my life. You made everything so much better. You brought light into my world, for once I felt free and loved-"

"You just got better, I didn't do anything"

"You did"

"Venus, it's easier if you just go, we don't have a future together"

Each word he said hurt more and more. We were both crying.

"Please don't do this to me" I whispered "please don't do this to me"

"I'm sorry"

"I just- I had no point to live until I found you, Remus. I- if you are leaving now, I am falling back into this hole and you know it. You know that you are the reason I keep living-"

"Don't say it-"

"I want you to see how much I love you and how much you mean to me, I don't want to lose you-"

Remus walked over to me and cupped my cheeks.

"I love you so much" he whispered and tried to wipe my tears "goodbye, Venus.I wish you the best"

One kiss on my forehead and he walked out of the room, leaving everything empty and the place cold.

I sat down and cried. I don't know for how long but at one point I felt strong arms being wrapped around me. For a moment I hoped it was Remus.

"Dad" I sniffed

"It's okay" he whispered "It's okay" he hold me and let me cry into his chest.

I didn't even ask how or for how long he had known about this. I didn't care. He was gone.

All the happiness from my life was sucked out of me again.

"He left me. I really thought he would stay. I thought he loved me so much that he won't leave me"

"I am sorry, darling"