It seemed to get better

Few days later, no one know that me and Remus had gotten on good terms.

I told Abby that we talked, but nothing else. Maybe she realized, because I was more giddy than before.

Me and Remus shared secret glances towards each other around the house, thankfully, no one saw. It felt like back at Hogwarts when we had to sneak around and share subtle gazes in the Great Hall.

But for now, the gazes were the only thing. We didn't even talk.

But one night, I heard knocking on my door. I put the book down, placed my glasses on top of it and called the person in.

"Hi" I said

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure, sit down. What happened?" I moved a little so Tonks could sit next to me on my bed.

"I just had a talk with Remus" I looked at my lap, feeling rather uncomfortable "What I wanted to say is that I am not mad at you, not at all, so don't worry about it. The day you came into the house, something changed in Remus. He was more stiff and well, he wasn't himself anymore. I would have never guessed it was something to do with you though"

"Tonks, I am so sorry, really-"

"No no, don't be. As Remus said, we didn't have anything, even though I would have wanted. It's okay. It's life. I want Remus to be happy, you know? He really deserves the best. Even though he is such a dick right now , he is the sweetest man in the whole world. I am happy that you gave him a second chance"

I wiped away her tears and pulled her into a hug.

"I never wanted to step between you two" I whispered "Never"

"I know. You are a good person, Venus"

"We can get drunk one night" I suggested. She laughed and pulled away from the hug "Just do girls shit and stuff"

"Sure" she chuckled "I should let you sleep now, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Good night"

When she closed the door I let out the biggest sigh. Though, I couldn't help but giggle like a small girl and bury my face into my pillow. I tried to calm my breathing and think through all of that had happened.

There was another knock on the door. I sat straight and once again called the person in.

Remus.

I bit my lip and tried not to smile at him.

"Can I come in?" he asked quietly

"Yeah" He closed the door behind him and looked at me.

"I brought you hot chocolate and roses"

"You can't buy me, you know?" I teased

"I know" He said and handed me the mug. He placed the flowers next to my bed and sat next to me.

"What did she told you?"

"She- actually, it is a secret. She told me what she had to, everything is fine"

He nodded.

"Do- it has been a few days now, will you gave me my second chance?"

"I want you to make a promise, but at the same time maybe you will break it again" I said

"No. I can promise you. I am not going to leave again"

"I am really trying to trust you and believe you, Remus, but you have to understand it takes time. You hurt me the most hurtful way"

He nodded and slowly took my hand in his. It has been so long, too long. We both looked at our intertwined fingers, not saying a word.

Remus softly brushed his thumb over my knuckles and I had to admit that I had missed this feeling a lot.

"I regret everything, Venus. I am not going to run away anymore"

"Good. We can- we can cuddle if you would like that"

He looked at me, hope in his eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes"

Remus smiled and took off his shoes. I let him lay down first. He had just opened his arms when someone knocked on my door.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Who is there?"

"Father" I heard the dull voice and my eyes flew wide, so did Remus'.

"Don't come in right now, what's going on?"

"I wanted to talk to you"

"Can we please talk tomorrow?"

"No"

"Wait" I pulled on a jumper and walked over to the door. I opened it a little and stepped out.

"What's up" I asked nervously

"Is he there?"

"Who? No ones there-"

"Then why can't I step in-"

"Because- because my room is messy-"

"I have seen worse"

"Let's just go downstairs, I want some tea-"

Dad quite literally pushed me to the side and opened the door.

"It's now how it seems" I said "we just talked-"

Dad walked into the room, got a hold of Remus shirt and backed him against the wall.

"What the fuck are you doing" I shouted "let him go"

"Give me one fucking reason not to kill you, you beast" sad said slowly.

"Dad, let him go. Nothing happe-"

"The moment I got to know that you are with my daughter, I should have done everything to get you out of the school. You ended up leaving her. There is no reason for you to be in her room right now"

I heard a gasp behind me and saw Molly standing there.

"Severus! What are you doing?"

Dad let harshly go of Remus and pushes him against the wall again.

"One bad word from Venus and you are dead" he whispered. Remus breathed heavily and watched as he walked past all of us.

I looked at Molly, not thinking what was about to happen but I walked over to Remus and kissed his cheek, telling him to stay here and that I was coming back soon.

I followed dad to downstairs, calling his name until he finally stopped.

"This was not necessary"

"What was he doing in your room?"

"He came to talk. I can't hate him forever if we are stuck in this house"

"He hurt you, Venus"

"I know! But I can't help it! You would want a chance from her as well, because you still love her, I know it" I said

"Don't bring Lily into this"

"But you have to understand that Remus and I still care about each other. He regrets everything"

"Don't come crying to me if he leaves you again"

He closed the door with a bang. I stared at the door, feeling pain and emptiness in my heart.

I sat down and brought my knees to my chest. Was he about to leave me? Again?