Life has to go on

Grief.

Pain.

Sadness.

Guilt.

Silence.

A whole week passed since that day. I was more devastated than Remus. I was feeling so many emotions through the week, yet nothing at all.

I was mostly laying in bed, barely speaking a word to Remus and barely eating anything.

Remus on the other hand tried to be strong for the both of us. Of course he was sad about what happened, but he was more concerned about my wellbeing.

He brought me food every morning in hopes that I would eat a little, but disappointed when I didn't.

I knew I was hurting him, but I couldn't bring myself to talk to him. All I could do was stare at Remus' back when he left the room each morning.

But today was different day. He had already gone downstairs to eat breakfast when I heard knocks on our bedroom door.

I called the person in, knowing it couldn't have been Remus.

I looked up and saw Abby there.

"Hey" she whispered and leaned against his doorframe "Remus asked me to bring you these" she showed me grapes and orange juice.

"I'm not hungry" I mumbled

She walked over to the bed, put the things on the bedside table and sat down next to me.

"I know, but it's time to eat" she said simply "life has to go on, honey, you cannot-"

"Shut up" I scoffed "you don't know what you are talking about"

"Venus-"

"I don't want to hear your bullshit, please leave"

She let out a sigh and didn't move.

"I know you are hurt, but please don't shut people out of your life. We want to be here for you-"

"You are just glad I saved Sirius" I mumbled "nothing else"

"That's not true-"

"Yeah, right" I whispered and looked at my lap "that's all you guys care about, Sirius being alive. But me losing a child...nothing-"

"Not true. You know very well that Sirius is blaming himself-... yes, I am glad you saved Sirius, we know I can't live without that loser, but I feel so sorry what happened to you.

Losing your child...Venus I cannot imagine the pain you feel, but I want to be here for you, to support you"

"It was my only chance" I sobbed "only fucking chance to have a kid...and I failed. I failed to protect my child"

"You didn't fail" she said and brought me into a hug "you didn't fail your kid, you didn't know you were pregnant"

I sobbed against her shoulder, finally releasing all the emotions I gathered through the week.

The door opened and Remus peeked in, his eyebrows furrowed and a sad look on his face. Abby motioned for him to take her place.

He quickly walked over to the bed and pulled me into his lap. I placed my face into the crook of his neck and tried to take deep breaths.

"Don't blame yourself, my love, it hurts me to listen to your cries" he whispered "what happened was not your fault, please remember that"

"I've been the worst wife" I whispered "you have been strong for the both of us, you have checked on me...but I haven't done anything for you"

"That's okay, honey" he said again "you are hurt, you are allowed to feel those things and be sad"

"But you-"

"I am alright, I will be alright. All I care about is you. I want you to have full stomach and that most beautiful smile on your lips"

He placed a finger under my chin and made me look up again him.

"I love you so much, I want you to know that"

"I love you too"

"We will be alright, yeah? Together we will be better"

I nodded.

He smiled and that made me smile. He beamed at my happy face and looked into my eyes.

"Can I kiss you, beautiful?"

For the whole week, we hadn't shared a single kiss. It was always just Remus kissing my forehead or cheek, nothing else.

"Please"

We both forgot that Abby was still in the room with us. She cleared her throat and we laughed.

"Close your eyes"

She did that and then Remus leaned down and kissed me softly. It was small and quick kiss, but one that was filled with love.

Knocks were heard on our door. Abby quickly opened the door and smiled brightly when she saw Sirius there.

"Can I come in?"

"They are...kissing, does your poor eyes want to see that?"

"No, kissing is disgusting. Why are you here if they are- ?"

"Just come in already" Remus laughed. I smiled and looked at him. He wiped away my tears and then placed a kiss on top of my nose.

I laid my head against his strong chest and closed my eyes for a moment.

"So uh...you good here?" Sirius asked and stepped in. He walked over to our bed and sat down, Abby followed him.

"We are good, yes, better than before"

"That's good" he smiled and looked at me.

"We can't keep blaming ourselves or each other, Sirius" I said quietly "as Abby said, life has to move on-"

"You really said that?" Remus rolled his eyes at her, but they both understood it was a joke.

"Harsh truth"

"No one...except me, of course, ...can say harsh truth to Venus" he joked "just look how fragile she is" he pinched my cheeks together.

I slapped his hand away and looked at him.

"I am not fragile, thank you very much"

"Of course not" he shook his head and pouted his lips.

"You are sleeping on the couch"

"No!"

"Yes" I smirked and faced away from him. He placed his hands on my waist and before I could escape, he tickled me.

I tried to wiggle away from his grasp but nothing helped. I was laughing and calling for help, but both Sirius and Abby didn't help.

I guess they were happy to see us happy.

"Still sleeping on the couch, eh?"

"No" I chuckled and looked at him, pleading with my eyes that he would stop tickling.

"Good" Remus whispered and kissed my shoulder softly. I smiled and leaned with my back against his chest.

"I think it's time to go" Sirius said to Abby, looking at me and Remus with weird look. Sirius took her hand and the two ran out of the room, giggling to themselves.

"Is he thinking we are going to..."

"Aren't we?"

"No, you idiot"

"I was just joking"

"Age really changes people's humor, huh"

"That was so offensive! Now you are the one sleeping on the couch!"

"If you love me you would not send me to sleep on the couch"

"I guess you can sleep here then"