The secret is out

"Miss Snape, five points from Slytherin"

I rolled my eyes and took a seat. I was late to Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson.

As Remus told me, he wasn't in the castle. What meant that dad taught us.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Abby.

"Textbook, page 364"

I opened my textbook and looked at dad with annoyed expression.

He saw it.

"Miss Snape" he called me "tell me, how do you  recognize someone who has a lycanthropy?"

"Well, it's hard to say. But uhm hey disappear once in a month, their behavior might be different- more tired near the full moon or feeling more exhausted-"

"What about the visual?"

"Uhm, maybe scars? I don't know"

I saw a small smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him. That man had a plan, and I didn't like it.

"Five points to Slytherin" he said and asked other Slytherins 'how to kill a werewolf?'.

"Why are we once again learning about werewolves? We have learnt it in our third grade, at the start of the yea-"

"As I remember you were not in the castle at the beginning of the year" dad said

Was he really going to do that to me right now?

"Yes that's right, but I still had to learn about them when I came back. Right now we should study about spells not werewolves"

"Tell me, miss Snape, how will you defend yourself if there should be a werewolf in your way?"

"My father has taught me not to walk in the forest around the full moon, but if one should cross my path then I will use the spells professor Lupin should teach us right now"

"And what are the spells?"

"I don't know"

He smirked again.

"Who knows how to kill a werewolf?"

The rest of the lesson continued normally. We didn't bicker and he didn't get on my nerves.

The only times he called me was when I tried to talk with Abby. Of course he didn't like it.

After the lesson, I tried to be the first to leave, but he was quicker to call my name.

I let out a sigh and made my way in front of the class, where he was standing.

When the last student left, he closed the door with his wand.

"Since when have you started to talk back to me in my own lessons?" He asked slowly

"I didn't tal-"

"Oh you did. The sarcasm-"

"I have always talked like tha-"

"Has he changed you?" He asked, his eyes never leaving me.

"Who?"

"Him"

"I have no idea who is 'him'"

I tried to be brave, not to show him anything. One slip and he would know about me and Remus, if he didn't already know.

But that was impossible. We have been so careful about everything.

"You have no idea?" He raised his eyebrows

"No"

He smirked.

"Very well" he said and before he could say anything else I asked about who was he talking.
"I thought you are clever than that"

"Jeez, thanks" I rolled my eyes at him

"You really don't know for who I make this wolfsbane potion?"

"So you have a friend who is werewolf"

"He is not my friend"

I furrowed my brows and looked outside of the window.

"I have no idea" I whispered

"What you said in the lesson, they have scars, they disappear once in a month-" he said very slowly

"I have no fucking id-" my head snapped up to him, my eyes were wide "no! That's...that's not possible"

He had a proud smirk on his face. I didn't like that all.

"Lupin?" I whispered and he nodded. I felt my heart breaking in that moment. A heavy feeling in my chest.

"You hate...Lupin...just because he is a...werewolf?" I asked slowly

"Partly"

"That's so stupid, you know that, right?"

"You don't think anything about it that he is a werewolf?"

"No! You know I don't hold prejudices against them, and you shouldn't either"

He scoffed.

"No but...what the fuck" I whispered "he really is a werewolf?"

"Yes"

And before we could continue our chat, new class walked in. I looked at dad for one last time before going to the library.

I said hello to Madame Pince and walked over to a shelf, where laid different books about werewolves.

I had one period free, what meant I stayed in the library and read as much as I could.

I knew quite a lot about them, but now I looked at the books bit differently. Not in a bad way. I felt sorry for Remus.

He seemed and he was such a nice and caring person. I knew for sure, that he didn't want to harm people.

I felt sorry for him, knowing how hard his life must have been. Finding jobs, hiding his lycanthropy, being in pain every month.

My heart ached.

I wanted to go to his room and hold him, just like he has hold me. But I couldn't. I couldn't just barge in and tell him I know.

I had to wait patently until he was ready to tell me that.

I thought about starting to make wolfsbane potion for him, but I thought dad would catch on that something was going on.

Making a potion for you professor wasn't really usual.

But I had a plan, that I thought might work.

—————————

This story got 10k views, what the actual fuck? I am soooo happy and thankful for all of you who have read this story, voted and commented!

Love you guys so much!