Confusion and sadness

When I woke up the next day, I wished I could just disappear.

I remembered absolutely everything. 

I really wished I didn't.

I looked at my bedside table where was a potion, chocolate and a letter.

My heart skipped a beat when I realized it was from Remus.

I took the potion and drank it, it was for hangover. In school he always had it for me.

I took the letter and read it.

"Dear Venus,

I would like to apologize for what happened last night. I did not mean to make you mad or make you feel uncomfortable.

I did not mean what I said. Just stupid drunken words.

Here is a chocolate and sobering potion for you to make you feel better.

Please, don't be mat at me. We are both adults and can act like one.

Come to lunch, you need to eat.

Remus"

I crumbled the letter and tossed it to the other side of the room. Then I stood up and took the letter back in my hands and put it on fire.

It made me feel better.

I got dressed and as soon as I opened my door and stepped out of my room, I saw him.

Our bedrooms were next to each other and I hated it.

His hair was wet, he had just gotten out of the shower. He looked bloody hot.

He saw me and moment of silence passed as we simply looked at each other.

"Good morning" he said finally. I looked him up and down one more time before before rolling my eyes and making my way to the bathroom.

Remus knew that he was in a deep shit. He knew how mad Venus could get and if she really disliked someone, they didn't even have a chance to get on her good side.

Even though he said in his letter that he didn't mean those things, he really did mean them.

The first moment his eyes landed on her in the kitchen two days ago, he knew he was fucked.

If there was something he regretted the most it would have been breaking up with her. She really made him feel loved and cared. She was everything to him, still was, he thought.

He looked longingly at her as she walked away until she wasn't in sight. I sighed and stepped into his room, looking at the sleeping Tonks in his bed.

He turned around and made his way downstairs.

"Padfoot" he shouted "Where are you?"

"In the kitchen"

He walked in and asked for a cigarette. Sirius gave him one and followed his friend out to the balcony.

"I need to win Venus back. Whatever it takes"

"Remus" He sighed "I don't want to say that, but you have no fucking chance"

"I do. She likes me, I know, the way she stares at me-"

"Moony, no. Don't do this to her. Just for her own sake"

"I- I can't , Pads. I can not look at her every day and think that I can't have her back in my arms-"

"You have Tonks" Sirius said angrily

Remus sighed and lowered his head, shaking it.

"I thinks Venus is my soulmate, Moony's mate"

 There was a long pause before Sirius whispered a small "fuck" and lit himself a cigarette "That's bad. That is so fucking bad"

"I know"

"All you can do is to give her some time. She is in a new place, she clearly didn't expect to see you here. It took her really really long time to forget about you-"

"I know" Remus lit another cigarette "But I never forget her"

Sirius patted Remus' back and watched sadly the broken man. They heard small knocking and looked over to see Abby there.

"Can I join you?" She asked. Sirius looked at Remus who nodded. Abby sat on the other side of Remus and looked at him "You still really love her, don't you?"

"I do" He whispered and rested his elbows on his knees.

"You broke her completely. We were all there for her as she cried, she cried for you to come back. It was really the most stupid decision you made. I know she doesn't want me to talk about what happened, but you need to know that she isn't running back to your arms that easily"

"How can I get her back?"

"Truthfully, I don't know if that is possible, Remus" his heart broke when she said it "She sees that you have moved on-"

"I haven't"

"You have Tonks for god sake. She sees how happy you two are. She wants you to be happy with her. I know Venus, she would never step into yours and Tonks' relationship"

"Pads, can you get me some whiskey?" 

He sighed, not thinking it was a good idea, but he also understood Remus in that moment. Sirius stood up, leaving Remus and Abby on their own.

"Me and Tonks- there is nothing. We are just hooking up" Remus whispered "I- I don't like her like that" 

"And Tonks? She thinks there is no relationship either?" 

There was silence.

"You need to talk with Tonks about your well whatever it is between you two" 

He nodded and took the glass of whiskey that Sirius had just brought. Remus gulped it down in one motion, feeling how it kicked in immediately. Sirius and Abby both looked Remus in worry. 

He lit a cigarette before standing up and walking around the yard. Loud noise came from the house and soon all the kids were outside, wearing quidditch robes. Remus quickly put his cigarette off and hid it. 

"We are going to play quidditch, you can join us" The kids said to adults who just chuckled and shook their heads

"We are too old for that" 

"No you are not! Venus is playing with us as well" 

"We are going to watch" Remus said, a small smile on his lips. The kids seemed to be happy by that. A second later Venus walked outside, wearing only shorts and long sleeved shirt, a broom in her hands. For Remus, she looked stunning. 

"Let's get this game started"