Remembered old days

I woke up in the cold room. It was still dark outside, meaning it was early hours of morning.

I furrowed my brows when I realized that Remus' warm body wasn't next to me.

Why was he out of bed this early?
Maybe he went to get water?

I stirred and let out a deep breath.

I closed my eyes momentarily before pushing myself up from the bed. The cold air hit my warm body, making me shiver.

I took Remus' sweater from the ground and grabbed a pair of his boxers from the wardrobe, pulling them on.

I rubbed my face and made my way downstairs. I was still so tired. I let out a yawn after a yawn.

The kitchen lights were on, meaning that someone was already there. It couldn't have been Molly, it was really early.

I pushed the door open and stilled, my eyes widening, my heart dropping to my stomach.

I furrowed my brows, looking at the scene in front of me.

Matilde smirked at me whilst Remus gawked, trying to form a sentence.

I looked at them, their bodies were pressed together. Her hands were on his chest and his hands were on his hips, pulling her closer and closer.

"We were just having some fun" Matilde said "Remembered the old beautiful days we had"

"Remus?" I said, my voice breaking mid sentence. "I- we- we are engaged" I breathed out, my eyes filling with tears.

My breathing became heavy and I felt like I was going to faint.

Just as I fell on the ground I let out a gasp and woke up from my bad dream. I clutched my hand over my heart and breathed heavily.

"Hey, you are okay, it was just a bad dream" Remus said and looked at me, his face concerned. I looked at him, he was naked, he wasn't wearing clothes. His eyes were puffy and his hair was messy. He had been sleeping.

I looked over to the window, the curtains were closed. I let out another deep breath before closing my eyes and swallowing hard.

Remus was rubbing my arm softly, still looking at me with his soft blue eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?" He whispered

"No" I said, shaking my head "It's fine, it was just stupid dream"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah"

"Want water?"

"No" I said quickly, making him furrow his eyebrows "no" I said again, more calmly this time.

"Okay" he said quietly "let's get back to sleep?"

"Yeah" I nodded and let him lay down first. He opened his arms and I snuggled closer to him. I placed my head on his chest and my leg between his legs, my arm was wrapped around his stomach.

"Sorry for waking you up" I whispered

"Don't worry about it"  he kissed the top of my head before we both fell asleep again, this time with no bad dreams.

And the next morning I woke up alone. The room was cold. The curtains were still closed. I closed my eyes, I didn't want to go downstairs.

This couldn't be real.
What if my dream was coming true? What if I saw my future?

I got up from the bed and pulled on some of Remus' clothes. My heart started to beat fast in my chest when I saw the lights were on.

I pushed the door open and let out a sigh when I saw people in there and Remus sitting in his usual seat, a cup of coffee in his hands.

I walked over to him and kissed the top of his head softly.

"Morning" I said

"Morning, love" He said and placed his hand on my hip, holding me next to him. He looked up at me and I leaned down, pecking his lips quickly. Remus let go of me so I could sit down. "I made you coffee, it's still warm"

"Thanks"

"How are you feeling?" He asked me

"Bit tired, but slept well after the dream"

"Well, we have a whole day to ourselves, we can just lay in our room"

"I was actually thinking about going to Hogwarts and talking to dad"

"Oh"

"Yeah" I sighed "I can't just- he can't act like that. We are getting married and I am so tired of this tantrum you two are throwing-"

"I have no issue with him" Remus said and brought his hands up in defense "he doesn't like me"

"And that's so childish" I sighed "I just want to marry you and I want my father to be there"

I rested my head against his upper arm and closed my eyes.

"I understand, love" he said and kissed the top of my head "do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head.

"He just promised me that he would change his attitude, well, seems like it was just another lie from him"

"I am sure he is happy for you, darling, he just needs some time"

"We have been together for a while now, he knew we had a thing in school, he has had a lot of time to think about everything"

Remus didn't say anything. He placed small kisses on top of my head and then rested his cheek against it.

Time passed and soon enough I was knocking on the potion classroom door.

"Who is it?" He asked

"Your daughter"

I heard him letting out a sigh that made my heart drop.

"If it's so bad to see your daughter then I can go back as well-"

"No, it's not that, just a bad day"

"Like every other day" I mumbled under my breath.

"Why are you here?" He asked and looked at me as I looked around his classroom. It was all the same.

"I came to talk to you"

"About?"

"About?" I raised my voice "I got engaged and all I got was congrats, nothing else?"

"What else did you want?"

"Maybe a fucking hug? Maybe for you to stay and celebrate with us? Maybe for you to stop acting like a child and accept that I am going to marry Remus"

He seemed like he didn't care, but I know he did.

"After I got out of the fucking hospital, y-you promise me that you will accept that Remus and I are together. You promised that you will stopping acting like a child, Merlin, you promised that long time ago"

It was just silence.

"You are my father and I just want you to be there for me. I want us to have this happy father-daughter relationship we used to have. I miss you dad" I said weakly "You are the one to walk me down the aisle, would you like it or not"

After I realized he wouldn't say anything I walked out of the classroom, bumping into some students who recognized me.

I got back to Grimmauld Place and searched for Remus. He was sitting in the living room with others.

I motioned for him to come with me. He excused himself and walked over to me, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer.

I sighed and wrapped my hands around his torso.

"It's okay"