It got out of hand

"You really chose your student over me?"

Remus took a deep breath before continuing to make a cocktail for Venus.

"She is half of your age, Remus. How could you- it's disgusting-"

"Matilde, stop it"

"There is no way you love her, I won't believe that-"

"But this is the truth! I love her really much. She is everything to me. I don't even know why I am still here and talking to you"

"I never thought you could drop so low. This relationship is disgusting. You are a pervert, Remus!"

Remus slammed his fist on the table and turned to look at het.

"When will you stop harassing people? When will you let others to be happy, to feel happy? I am really sorry you have not found happiness or someone for yourself, but that does not mean you can go around and try to get back with your ex's because one of them has clearly gotten over you and have no feeling for you anymore. So please, let Venus and I be happy, because she is the love of my life and very important is to know that Venus is Moony's mate. You are clever enough to know what does that mean"

"But the night we had while being professors, we had so much f-"

"Matilde, no. It was stupid of me to come to your room and I regretted this night the next day. There was nothing but a good sex for one time, but trust me, the sex is even better with Venus"

"You are really disgusting, Rem-"

"Honey?" I called before stopping dead in my tracks when I saw the two alone in a kitchen. Remus was red in his face, his hands were shaking and chest rising and falling quickly.

Matilde had face full of disgust and disappointment.

"I just got it done" Remus said and showed me my mojito. He took both of our glasses and without a second glance at Matilde, he walked over to me.

He handed me my glass before placing his now free hand on the small of my back and walking us out of the room.

We sat near Sirius and Abby. There was not enough space so Remus pulled me to sit on his lap.

"Everything okay, handsome?" I whispered and ran my fingers through his hair. I knew it made him feel relaxed.

"Yes" he closed his eyes and nodded

"What did she told you?" Sirius asked

He chuckled and shook his head

"What?"

"Some really fucking disgusting things, but I don't w-"

"What did she say?" Sirius raised his voice

"Pads, leave it" Remus said

"No! If she stays in this house she can't go around and insult people. What did sh-"

"She won't assault others, just me,because I do not have feelings for her anymore"

"Moony, I am asking nicely, what did she say to you?"

"Called me a pervert, practically a pedophile because I am in a relationship with a girl who is half of my age"

"WHAT" the three of us yelled, earning worried glances from others. But they had heard what Remus told us.

"She called you a pedophile and you think we should NOT do something about it?"

"Yes, just drop it. I talked to her, I think or hope she will lea-"

"Moony, as much as I love you and want to do as you say, I can't this time" Sirius said and stood up. Abby stood up with him.

"We won't hit her, hopefully" Abby said and the two made their way over to the kitchen.

I placed my glass on the ground and Remus' one as well. I moved in his lap so I my knees would be on each side of his thigh.

I cupped his cheeks and made him look at me.

Those beautiful blue eyes.

I felt his hands moving under my shirt and he placed them on my back, stroking my skin. He was anxious.

"Please tell me that you know that you are not what he said you are. Tell me. Tell me you know"

He simply looked into my eyes, tears in both of our eyes.

"Tell me you know" I whispered "because you are not, Remus. She is just jealous, she wants you back so she is insulting you, hoping you would leave me"

"I won't leave you. Not anymore" he whispered back

"I know" I smiled at him. "But please, tell me you know you are not what she said to you"

"I know" he said, looking into my eyes and nodding "I know"

"Good" I placed a kiss on top of his nose and rested my forehead against his, both of us closing our eyes.

"Is everything alright over here?" Arthur asked

"Yes, Mr. Weasley, everything is alright" I smiled at the man.

"You can call me Arthur"

"Very well"

We shared a smile before I leaned back against Remus.

"We should wait for them to come back and then we can go upstairs"

I took Remus' hands between us and hold them. His hands were still shaking and twitching. I kissed his knuckles softly.

It was not long before the two came back from the kitchen.

"Everything is okay now" Sirius said

"What did you do?"

"Just talked"

"What did you tell her?"

"I am not going to tell you, but trust me, she is not going to bother you anymore"

Remus let out a sigh and I turned to look at him.

"I think I don't even want to know what you said"

Sirius just grinned at him.

I stroked Remus' cheekbone and looked at him. He turned to look at me and both of our eyes softened immediately.

"Let's go to sleep?"

"Yes" he mumbled

"Just, silence the room, please" Sirius said

"No" I said and took Remus hand in mine. We took our glasses, bid everyone goodnight and made our way upstairs to our room.

Our room.

We were not tired yet so we just laid in the bed. This night, I hold Remus.

I stroked his hair and let him tell me whatever he wanted. But for most of the time, we were quiet.

"Rem" I whispered after we had taken off our clothes and gotten under the covers. We were still holding each other, sharing soft kisses from time to time.

"Hm?" He looked at me.

I cupped his cheek and looked into his eyes before telling him

"I love you"

The smile on both of our faces grew immediately. He pulled me even closer and kissed me deeply.

"I love you even more"