Secrets

please read the note in the end of the chapter, I have some exciting news!

---------------------------------------------------------

"So you got out of the hospital"

I looked towards the door to see Matilde there. I looked at her and nodded.

"As you can see"

I continued to prepare snacks for everyone, trying to ignore her.

She sat down and picked up one of the grapes from the plate.

I sent her a look but didn't say anything.

"So...Remus didn't tell you then?"

"Tell me what?"

She just chuckled and shook her head.

"What was he supposed to tell me?"

"It is not my thing to say. Remus should be the one telling you-"

"What are you trying to accomplish" I snapped "Remus has no secrets from me"

"If you think so" she smirked and took another grape before standing up "you should take off the rose-colored glasses and look around, darling"

Before I could question her, she was out of the room. I looked at the now closed door and shook my head.

I took the plate full of fruits and made my way back to the living room.

Sirius wanted to have a party tonight. So we had a party. Remus and I stayed sober. Even though Sirius wanted us to drink, we refused. I told Remus that he can drink, but he said he didn't want to.

I put the plate on the table and took a seat next to Remus. He took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles whilst talking to Sirius.

I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my head against Remus' shoulder. I listened to their conversation, the nagging feeling still inside me.

"Love?" I said quietly, earning a hum from him.
"Do you...do you have any...secrets...that I don't know about?"

"Secrets? I don't think so"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes? Why?"

"Nothing"

He placed his finger under my chin and made me look up at him.

"Why are you asking that?"

"No reason"

"Do you have any secrets that I don't know about?" He teased

"No" I said truthfully

He chuckled and leaned down to peck my lips, earning a groan from Sirius.

"How are things with Abby?" I asked from Sirius

He blushed immediately.

"Good, yeah, good" he nodded and drank quickly his drink, standing up to pour himself another glass.

Remus and I chuckled at his state.

"Sit on my lap, love" Remus whispered to me. I looked at him before crawling on his lap. I smirked when I realized why he wanted it.

"You could have taken a pillow, you know, to cover your little problem"

"Didn't want a pillow" he mumbled before taking a sip of water.
"You know what I was thinking of?"

"No"

"That I would like to take you on a date tomorrow"

Was it because he had been with Matilde and was now trying to cover it?