My little dream

Time flew by and suddenly it was almost Christmas time.

Kids were really excited to get back to Grimmauld Place. Even Harry was coming here and it made me feel happy.

I told Remus how excited I was about Harry coming here. He asked me if I was going to talk with Harry, I said no.

Not yet.

And he understood me.

We went downstairs together, I made to the both of us a cup of tea whilst Remus just hugged me from behind and waited.

Remus took our mugs and we walked out to the balcony. I grinned as I saw snow on the ground and snowflakes falling down.

Remus cleaned a seat and sat down, pulling me down with him.

Quietly, he lit a cigarette that we passed to each other.

While doing all of that, we had been quiet, just smiling at each other.

I felt...so...in love.

I looked at him and smiled again. The snowflakes had fallen on top of his hair and face, they melted quickly on his warm skin.

I cupped his cheek and leaned down to give him a kiss. I then laid my head against his shoulder and let out a happy sigh.

I had been out most of the nights for a month now. I had to guard the door. Remus and I enjoyed every moment together we had.

Today was one of the days when I had my morning free and the night I had to be out of the house.

I took a puff from the cigarette and sipped my tea after that.

"I've had this small...dream for a few days now" I started "It has given me like a warm feeling in my heart"

Remus hummed and caressed my thigh.

"What's the dream about?"

"It's stupid"

"Don't say that, if it makes you feel happy then it can't be stupid"

"It's that small dream of what if's. What I mean is that I have dreamed what if the war is over, the world is better and what if we could be a small little family. Have a kid or two. It would be so cute...but uhm...yeah. It's just a stupid thought that lightens up my mood"

Remus was quiet for a moment, not saying anything. I didn't even hear his breathing.

"I think it's really sweet"

"Really?"

"Yes. We don't know what the future brings us, so thinking something like that that keeps you happy is very important. I would really love to have a little family with you"

"I don't want to scare you, but I have thought about the idea of adopting a kid...cause- cause I can't have a kid"

"I am not saying anything right now, we don't know what the future holds, but if the war is over and we are both alive then I promise you that we will have our little family"

"I love you" I kissed his cheek

"I love you much more"

"It's impossible because I love you to the moon and back"

"To the moon? Really?" He laughed. Once I realized I laughed with him.

*
*
*

"Arthur?!" I shouted as I ran over to the door we had to guard. I didn't saw anyone at first, until turning around the corner I saw Arthur on the ground and blood all over the floor and him.

"Arthur!" I felt myself getting into a panic attack, but I had to stay calm and help Arthur as soon as possible.

I kneeled next to him and thankfully he opened his eyes.

"Oh, you are alive" I rambled. With my shaky hands I took off my sweatshirt and placed it on top of his wound, trying to stop the blood flow.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" I muttered "I'll get help. It will be okay, Arthur. I am so sorry, it should have been me"

"Shh" he said quietly

As I hold the clothing against his wound I tried to reach for my wand.

"Arthur is injured, please come downstairs quickly" I sent my wolf patronus to Kingsley and Mad-Eye.

"I am so sorry, Arthur" I cried. I looked at my hands, I was covered in blood as well. "I was late. It should have been me. You need to be strong and live. You have kids, family- everything. You have to be strong, Arthur"

It wasn't even a minute when the men were downstairs. I tried to tell them what I saw as calmly as possible, but the mission was failed.

Moody did something and levitated him out of the room whilst Kingsley took a hold of my shoulders and tried to calm me down.

He talked to me, but I didn't understand anything. I didn't hear anything.

"I want Remus" I cried to him. He nodded. We started to walk yet I didn't understand where to. We stepped into the fireplace and I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place, but all I saw were white walls and people walking around being busy.

A man came up to me and looked at me in concern.

Kingsley talked with him. I trusted Kingsley. Even though I was still lost in my own world and completely oblivious that we were at St Mungo's.

The man leas us over to a room and I was told to lay down on the bed.

"Kingsley, I want Remus" tears were falling freely out of my eyes, my bloody hands were still shaking. My whole body was covered in Arthur's blood.

"He won't die, right? Kingsley, he can't die"

"He won't"

"It was my fault, Kingsley, my fault! I was late, it-"

"Venus, don't blame yourself. Arthur is a strong man and will come out alive-"

"He has to" I sobbed

"It will be okay, Venus. Remus is already on his way to here. They are all so thankful for you"

"Why?"

"For being so strong and staying as calm as possible. You got him help"

"I feel like I failed"

"You did not. I promise you"

"Is Remus here already?"

"Not yet"

I tried to nod and be understanding, but I felt my  body getting weak and a moment later my vision went black.