Talk about kids

"Ki-what?" His eyes widened and he raised his eyebrows

"Just a question" I defended myself "just a question, Remus"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Because I don't know what you think. I have no idea what you want in the future"

He looked away from me and I let him think for a moment.

"I have always loved the idea of being dad to two daughters or even boys. But I have pushed the thought to the back of my head because I know that I could never be a father"

"Why?"

"Because of my condition, Venus-"

"There's nothing-"

"Venus" he said "I am a werewolf. There may be a chance that I'll pass it on to my kids and I do not want them to suffer like me. They deserve the best life and me being their father wouldn't be that"

"I think you would be the best father, Remus, really. And there has not been any news how lycanthropy has passed on to someone"

"Venus, I am not risking it"

I nodded.

"What about you?" He whispered after some silence.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think kids aren't really an option for me either" I whispered painfully

"Why?"

I chuckled sadly and hid my face against his chest.

"What's wrong love?" He asked me

"Because I can't have kids"

"Why?"

"Health issues. Every time you have given me that potion or pill, it's been useless" I said and looked away from him "I was really scared to tell you that, I don't know why, I just was"

Remus didn't say anything. For a moment I thought maybe he thought how useless I was for him, but then he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against him.

He stroked my hair and pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"So there isn't any chance for you to...get pregnant?"

I shook my head against his chest. I heard how fast his heart was beating, but so was mine.

"I feel so broken Remus"

"You are not broken, my love" Remus cupped my cheeks and made me look at him "you are not broken"

I sniffed and nodded, trying to assure the both of us.

"Say it, say you are not broken"

"I am not broken" I whispered. He nodded and pulled me into a hug again.

"You are not broken" he whispered into my ear one more time.

I was glad he didn't look at me with pity. If he would have done that, I probably would have felt even worse.

"So we are going to be lonely old couple, eh?" I teased him

"Yes, very lonely, drinking tea and reading books the whole day"

I chuckled and pushed him down on his back and straddled his lap.

"Wanna have some fun before we get old?"

"Are you sure you want it right now?"

"Yes"

He looked complexed.