Different emotions

Nah, I was just joking"

"You dick"

Me and Abby laughed.

It was was two in the morning, we were sitting under the starry sky at the Astronomy Tower; smoking weed.

We were talking about everything what came into our minds. We had talked about school, about our bad trips caused by weed and the most interesting topic of course were our love interests.

I didn't tell her the name of the guy, but I told her about Remus. Told her how happy he makes me, how caring he is and how much I trust him.

Maybe it wasn't the best to trust someone as much as him, but I couldn't help it.

"I feel so safe with him" I whispered "I- he asked me to be his girlfriend few weeks ago"

"Really?" Abby gasped "oh I am so happy for you"

I chuckled and looked at the almost full moon.

"What about you? For sure there is someone"

"There- there is, but...I don't know. Nothing will come out of i-"

"Who is he?"

"She" Abby mumbled

"What"

"Nothing" she said quickly, avoiding the ege contact.

"I am proud of you, Abby. I don't care who you love, as long as you are happy"

"Really?"

"Yes"

She let out a relieved laugh and closed her eyes, leaning her head against the wall behind us.

"Merlin, I was so worried what you would think"

"Why?"

"Cause you are a daughter of Snape, nothing bad, but just...you know"

"No yeah, I know. People often think that I am just like my dad, cold hearted and everything. Well, I am, but I try to be better than him"

"You are a good person, Venus-"

"Hey! Who's the girl? You can't change the subject"

We both laughed and took a drag of the joint before she told me about the girl.

"I am not telling you her name, but she is an Hufflepuff. She is so beautiful and so caring person. We haven't talked a lot, but we once studied together and we had so much fun.
We have been on a party together, we- we kissed...once. After that, I think she regrets it. She is avoiding me completely"

"Oh, darling" I whispered and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me.

"I don't know what to do. I want to talk to her and I just want to be friends with her. But she doesn't want me. Maybe, maybe you can't be friends with someone when you have feelings for them"

"Abby, darling, tomorrow you will find her and talk with her. You don't have to tell her that you like her, but suggest for you two to be friends. I am not the best person to give someone advice, but I hope that will do"

"It's more than enough" she whispered "thank you"

Our conversation was cut abruptly when the door opened.

Why was it always him? Always him, who found us lurking around the school after curfew.

He was clearly disappointed to see us.

"Girls" he sighed "I don't even have to ask. Detention, for the both of you. Abby, you will get professor McGonagall, Venus- you are with me"

We nodded.