Feelings for you

I looked at the picture.

There was sleeping Remus with a sleeping newborn baby in his arms.

And there was another picture of Remus holding the baby in his arms. He was probably tickling the baby, because they were both laughing.

I didn't even heard the front door opening, I was too lost in the pictures.

"Ven-" I looked up and we both froze.

"I-" I didn't even know what to say. I looked back down at the pictures and quickly tried to gather them together.

"Let- let them be" He said quietly. I dropped them once again and sighed.

I bit my lip to stop the tears falling from my eyes.

I just knew I messed up. Again.

"I am so sorry, I- I shouldn't have" I whispered, not sure if he heard.

"I wanted to throw them away, they- I got them few days ago"

Remus walked in while saying that. He sat next to me and gathered the pictures from my lap.

"Just ask" he said

I stayed quiet. He sighed at my silence.

"The woman on these pictures is Matilde, your arithmancy teacher. We were in the same class here in Hogwarts, fell for each other in our fourth year and started dating. I broke up with her after the war, we were so broken, we fell apart completely

And this kid...it's not mine, if that's what you are thinking. I had a friend, Lily, Harry Potter's mother, I have told you about her. She got pregnant before she started dating with James, we were still in school. We were so young, so stupid, so scared. Lily trusted me with the secret that she is pregnant. We didn't tell anyone. Spells helped to hide her belly.

We told only a one professor who we knew could help us. Minerva. Lily didn't want to do abortion either. So she gave birth. We never knew what happened to that kid.
Lily was only sixteen then, so fucking young. She never told me who the father was. Everything was so...fucked up"

Remus looked at the picture of the sleeping girl and ran his thumb over it.

He placed the two photos on his nightstand and the others he threw into the trashcan.

"I got the pill for her. Some snack for us tonight, and some snacks for her too, to brighten up her mood" he changed the subject.

He handed me the bag. I took it slowly and nodded.

"Y-you don't really want me here for tonight, do you?"

"Of course I want you here for tonight"

I looked up to him. He was looking at me, his eyebrows furrowed. When he saw my teary eyes his gaze softened and he cupped my cheek.

"I needed to tell you about all of this at one point anyway, I just- didn't want it to be yet"

"I am sorry, Remus. I really am. I didn't want to snoop around-"

"I know" he whispered and pulled me against his body and hugged me. He pressed a kiss on top of my head.
"You should go and give Abby her pill"

"How much was it?"

"Let it be" he said

"Remus-"

"Let it be. Come back soon, i wanna cuddle"

I smiled and took the bag, making my way to the Ravenclaw common room.

There was a problem, I didn't know the password.