Talk with Sirius

When the meeting ended I looked at dad, his face was unreadable, but I saw he regretted something.

It was then when I realized he had known that Remus would be there. And he hadn't told me anything.

I shook my head and swallowed.

"Venus? Could I show you your room?" it was Sirius

"Can you please show it to me tomorrow? I am unfortunately quite busy tonight" I mastered the best smile on my face and looked directly into his eyes, making sure not to look to his left where a certain werewolf was standing.

"Oh, but aren't you staying for dinner either?" I recognized her as Molly.

"I am sorry, I really can't stay here today"

"Very well" she smiled at me and I returned it.

"We have to go" I said hurriedly to father who was talking to someone I didn't know yet.

"Give me a moment" he said. I bit my lip and fiddled with my fingers.

"Remus" Sirius said "you haven't met our new Order member, Venus"

"We- yes uhm yes we know each other, Pads" he said awkwardly. I looked at my lap, not daring to look up at them.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, she was my student"

"Ohhh, I see" Sirius had such a teasing voice, like he knew something. "She was in the seventh grade then?"

"Yes"

"Venus, how did your NEWTs went?" Sirius asked me

"Good. Passed all of them"

"That's very good. How did you Defense Against the Dark Arts exam go?"

"Well"

"Venus, we can go now" dad said. For some stupid reason I looked up and looked into Remus' eyes. I quickly looked away and stood up.

"Good night to everyone" I said, they said it back.

The last thing I heard was Sirius saying "you moron" and Remus letting out a groan because Sirius had slapped the back of his head.

We got out of the apartment and I turned to dad.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I told you not to join the Order-"

"You would have said that Remus is there and I would have gone with Theodore" I said. I was so mad. "Is he also living there?"

"Yes" he said and I shut my eyes.

"I am so not going to live there"

"You do not have any choice"

"Why? Why the fuck not?"

He took my hand and apparated us over to my flat.

"Because you are not safe, I was a death eater, by you they are going to find me" he said. Once again believing his lie.

I walked around my flat, not knowing what to do.

"I can't be there with him" I said "I just can't"

"You technically have to see him only at the order meetings"

I scoffed and let out a bitter chuckle.

"Fucking hell" I whispered and sat down. "I really do not have any other choice"

—————————————————

The next day I moved to the Grimmauld Place.

Sirius was already waiting for me. He showed me my room and told me to come downstairs when I was ready. He also told me that there wasn't anyone else in the house.

I unpacked my things and walked downstairs, making sure not to make any loud noises because of the portraits.

"Are you drinking?" He asked me

"Yeah"

"Firewhiskey?"

"My favorite"

He handed me a glass and we sat down in the living room.

"The house isn't the best, it belonged to my family-"

"Nah it's fine"

He chuckled and took a sip.

"So, tell me, how do we know each other?"

He chuckled and gave me a wink.

"You have an allergy against Buddy"

My eyes flew wide and I got so embarrassed

"No fucking way" I said "you mutt" I laughed "Merlin, I knew something was wrong with that dog"

"Excuse me" He said dramatically

"No but where the fuck did you go? I was feeding you and all"

"That other bloody mutt was looking from the window all the time"

"Who?"

He looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Your boyfriend of course"

"Boyfriend? I don't hav-"

"I meant Remus"

I took a long big gulp of whiskey and let him pour another glass.

"He is not my boyfriend. Just a professor"

"Sure thing, love"

"Really" I chuckled

"That bastard told me everything, he was really br-"

"Sirius, I really don't want to hear that. It took me so long to forget about him, and now that he is back, I am not giving in. There is no chance between us. As much as I would want it, there is not"

"I understand, sorry for bringing it up"

"It's okay. You two are best friends, it's understandable"

"Can I ask you something?" He said

"Sure"

"How come none of us knew Snive- Severus has a daughter?"

"I pretty much stayed with Minerva when I was a kid. For some reason I was like their little secret"

"Minerva McGonagall?"

"Yeah, she is my godmother"

"Really? But uh- your mother?"

"Don't know. Don't care either"

"Oh"

"You aren't completely free, are you?" I changed the topic.

"No. I am stuck in this bloody house"

"Makes the two of us"

"Cheers to that, love" we laughed and took a sip from our drinks.

The front door opened and hushed voices came closer. I stilled when I saw that pink hair and a tall handsome man next to him.

"I'll uhm, I'll see you later" I said to Sirius

"Wotcher" the woman said. I didn't understand her so I just smiled awkwardly "I am Tonks"

"Venus" I said and looked at the outstretched hand. I shook it and subtly wiped my hand against my pants.

"This is Remus, as I heard you two have met already"

"Uh, yes"

"Cool. Sirius? What have you been doing?" She walked into the room and started a conversation with Sirius.

I looked up to Remus, he was again already looking at me.

I looked back down and pushed past him, whispering a small "excuse me".

The three were left on their own. Unknowingly to me, Sirius had given Remus another disappointed look.