Moony's mate

"Hello Venus,

I am coming to London for a week, is there a way we could meet?

I miss you terribly and so does kids.

Let me know what's your plan.

Yours,
Theo"

Remus looked at the letter and shut his eyes tightly. He had read it over ten times already, not wanting to believe that.

He sighed and crumbled the letter together, throwing it back to the bin where he had found it.

It was two days ago when Venus had received a letter at lunch time and she did not want to show it to him at all. There was clear mood change in her after reading it. She crumbled the letter together and placed it in her back pocket to throw it away later in her how room.

And now, when she went to have a shower, Remus took the letter out and read what was on there.

He had to admit that the letter made him insecure and overthink everything.

What if he was not enough? What if she actually wanted Theo? If they would meet, would she leave the country with him?

There was question after question in his mind, but through all of that Remus knew she would not do that to him. Remus knew she would not leave him.

There was a strong connection between Remus and Venus. There was love between the two. Venus was Moony's mate.

He had still no idea how he would break the ice and tell her that. What if she gets scared? He could not see his future without her.

Remus placed the bin back under the desk and laid on the bed, looking as Venus walked into the room, a beautiful smile on her lips.

She looked at him an winked.

He looked as her body was covered with water drops that were running down on her skin. Her red hair was wet and curly.

Her skin was glowing.

She looked like an goddess, he thought.

That woman was such a tease. She let the towel hit the ground, revealing her beautiful body. All he wanted was to run his hands over her body and claim her.

But he held himself back.

"Everything okay, honey?" I asked as I pulled on my thongs and went to sit on his lap, my body still naked.

"Yes" Remus said quietly and ran his hand over his face "I want to talk to you about something"

"Sure, what's up?"

"As much as I love you, please, get dressed. It's a bit difficult conversation"

I furrowed my brows and pushed myself up, making him groan. I walked over to our wardrobe and pulled out his sweatshirt and put it on.

"Put pants on as well" he mumbled "I can't focus otherwise"

"That must be a really important talk then" I said and got properly dressed.

Remus sat up and bit his lip, cracking his fingers and then scratching the back of his head. It was what he did when he was nervous.

I took his hands in mine and looked at him.

"I've been talking with Sirius lately and- and he said as well that it would be best if I am going to talk about it as soon as possible"

"You are worrying me, Remus"

"Have you- how much do you know about werewolves and their- their...mates"

"Uh, nothing much. I have read some things here and there but- why?"

"Well" he swallowed hard and brushed his hand over my knuckles "every werewolf has a mate" he started "it is very rare when a werewolf can reject their mate. It is one very hurtful process and practically impossible"

"As much as I want to hear, just get to the point"

"Remember when I told you last time while transforming that I wanted to get back to the house all the time?"

"Yes"

"It was the same at Hogwarts. Venus, you are Moony's mate. I- I know it is scary, but I can't choose who would be my mate. I- I have this attraction towards you and I can not leave you because you are my mate, Venus"

"I- I am loss of words right now"

"I know and it is okay. Since we kissed for the first time after so long, I have felt electrical sparks in my body if we kiss, have sex or simply hold hands. All because you are my mate"

"I have felt the same"

"And now- I found Theo's letter" he said quietly "and as much as I want to tell myself you are not going to leave me, I just want to make sure"

"I threw it away for a reason. It hurts that you sneaked behind my back but I understand. And no, I won't meet with him"

"Good" he nodded slowly "I- I have something for you"

I watched as he stood up from the bed and walked over to get his coat. He took a small box from his pockets.

"It's not what you think" he said "It's- it's a promise ring"

I smiled brightly and looked at him.

"I really love you Venus" he said "and I am promising that I will be here for you. I simply cannot leave you, because of my love towards you and Moony's love for you"

I chuckled and wrapped my hands around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"I love you so much, Remus"

He placed the ring on my finger and gave me a peck on my lips.

"And since now, Sirius is coming to the forest with me at Full Moons, so he doesn't let me near you-"

"Maybe it's better if you are he-"

"No! Absolutely not! I have no idea how would Moony react if he is near his mate-"

"But if-"

"No"

I knew better than to argue. We have had this conversation more than once and all the time it was the same answer.

But for now, we shared few more kisses before going to another Order meeting.