The game

I bounced my knee up and down and looked around nervously. 

My teammates were not that nervous. They were more like excited to go to the pitch and beat the Bulgarian team. 

"Relax" Troy said and gave me my filled water bottle. I took it with my shaky hands and took a sip.

"I never thought I would be that nervous" 

"I know. I thought I was going to shit my pants at my first big game"

"I am thinking the same" we laughed 

"Have you eat-"

"Nervous?" another boys came to the locker room and took seats on the floor.  Aidan threw me a pack of peanuts and told me to eat them. I chuckled and opened the pack, handing it to others as well. 

"Quite so" 

"Completely understandable. Are your parents here as well?" 

"uhm, father and godmother" I said quietly 

"oh" 

Thankfully, we heard our coach calling us. We stood up and everyone gathered in a circle. 

The coach gave us a short but very good motivation speak and wished us luck. We fist pumped with others and then it was time to take our brooms. I peeked over the guys shoulders and looked at the crowd. 

People were cheering and waiting for players to come out. 

"Everyone ready?" 

"Yes"

"Snape, ready?" 

"Yes" 

They gave me reassuring nods and with that we flew out. People went crazy. They cheered and shouted, calling our names. I made eye contact with Troy and he smiled brightly at me, I smiled back. 

We did a round around the pitch before flying back to the ground to greet the other team. 

Our captains shook hands and greeted others as well. The atmosphere wasn't friendly at all. 

We were told to get back on the brooms. The Minister of Magic gave a short speech and started the game. We flew into the air and the nerve-wrecking game began. As much as I tried to look what others were doing, my main focus was on the golden snitch. 

Many times I heard cheering and smiled when I saw that it was our team who had scored another point. I made eye contact with Victor Krum and he sneered at me. It really looked like Marcus Flint sneer, but Victor's were slightly prettier. 

We both burst into the air and looked around for the snitch. I wanted to find that snitch. I didn't want disappoint others. 

The game went on and on until...Victor Krum caught the golden snitch. At first, I was disappointed and I immediately felt a lump in my throat. But when I heard that the Ireland team had won, I looked around to see my teammates laughing, big smiles on their faces. 

I looked at the score to see that we had won. 

My sad face turned into a big smile and I flew quickly over to my teammates. 

"We won" They shouted. Fireworks burst into the air, the people cheered again, none of us couldn't believe that we had won. 

When we safely got back on the ground, we hugged tightly each other. 

Our coach came and patted everyone on their backs. 

Randomly, my legs weren't on the ground anymore.  The boys had taken me on their shoulders and ran around, making me squeal. I shouted to them to put me down but they did not listen.

Some time passed and the ceremony ended. We got our trophy and everyone got their golden medals as well. We gave interviews to the reporters, let them take pictures again and made our way to the lockers. 

"Where is the party today?" 

"At Aidan's house and then we are going out" 

"You are coming as well, right?" they asked me 

"of course" 
Just then we heard a loud thump and then all we saw was fire near the tents. 

"What the fuck is going on?" 

"Look at the sky, it's his mark" 

Lord Voldemort's mark. The one dad had on his left arm, I thought. I felt my heart dropping, we all looked terrified. 

"We have to get away from here" 

I looked around, hoping to see Minerva or dad somewhere, or Abby. The screams got louder and the fire spread quickly. 

"Let's go to Aiden's house-"

"I'll-I'll come later, I have to make sure my family is safe" 

"You are not going into that crowd" Troy shouted

"I am not. I will be safe, I will see you soon" I hugged him tightly and apparated away. I landed in front of the Hogwarts gates where Minerva was standing, her face white as a sheet. 

I quickly ran over to her and hugged her.

"Oh thank Merlin, you are alright" she cupped my cheeks and looked for injuries 

"I am fine. How are you? What happened? Where is dad?"  I asked a question after question 

"Severus is already in the castle, we are fine. Death eaters attacked us" 

"Can we go inside?" 

"Yes,  Abby is inside as well, Severus took her with him" 

"Oh thank Merlin"

We quickly walked inside and when I saw dad, I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. 

"Is he back?" I whispered and placed my hand over his left arm

"Yes" he whispered back into my ear. I hold him tighter than before. "Congratulations by the way. I am so proud of you" 

"Thank you, dad" 

When we pulled away I hugged Abby as well. 

"I wanna talk to you" 

"What's up?" 

"Privately" It seemed like dad knew what was going on. We walked out into the hallway and Abby gave me a look.

"First, congrats on winning"

"Thanks" 

"Venus, he was there" she said quietly "he was there and came to talk to me. Told me to congratulate you for the win" 

I simply looked at her, tears brimming my eyes. 

"Why was he there?" 

"He obviously came to look at you" 

"No" I shook my head

"He looked like shit, really. His had been crying, his eyes were puffy and red. He looked so ragged-"

"I-I don't want to hear, Abby. He left me, he has no right to be the way he-"

"He told you he loves you. He broke up with-"

"Abby, no. just- no" She nodded and placed her hand on my shoulder. 

"Are we going home?" she whispered

"I promised the boys I would spend some time with them. I'll go to Theo's house for the night. You can go there" 

"Alright. See you later" 

I nodded and walked back into the office. We talked for some time, drank champagne before we all made our way to our homes. I took a shower in my apartment, changed my clothes and prepared myself for that party.

Whilst everyone else were worried about the dark lord, then I had thought the whole night about Remus. He had come to the match, he had looked at me. He had thought about me.

 Did he wanted to give us a second chance?