The werewolf

Remus was laying between my legs, a bar of chocolate on top of his chest so we could both eat it.

It was the same night, Remus was feeling better but not completely. We were still on the sofa, talking about his werewolf side.

I was running my fingers through his hair to mke him feel more relaxed. We both absolutely loved when we were stroking each other's hair.

Today it was Remus who just needed to relax and have the calmest night. I told him we can talk another time about all of that, but he didn't want to.

So here we were, I was listening about his childhood and how he managed to be in school while being a lycanthropy.

"I was four when I was bitten" He started

"Four?" I couldn't maintain my shock.

"Yes, four. It was night time, I was in bed. I don't remember much about it. I was bitten by the werewolf Greyback, I am sure you have heard about him"

"Yeah"

"He bit me because of my father, really. My father said that he should be imprisoned. Werewolves are soulless and evil, deserving nothing but death, he said. Imagine now, knowing what your own father thinks about you. Something so... so bad"

"I am so sorry, John" I placed a kiss on his forehead. He just shook his head.

"I did not want to go to school. I was so scared. I knew what people thought about me. My plan was to avoid people on the train yet-" he chuckled "I found myself the best friends for the whole seven years and even more. They figured out that I am a werewolf and they even learnt how to become an animagi"

"Really?"

He nodded. "I wouldn't have survived those years without them"

"You mean James and Peter, right?"

"Yes" he said painfully "James and Peter"

"Best friends someone could ever ask for"

We fell into a silence for some time before he asked me how I knew he was one.

"Dad" I whispered

"Of course" He chuckled bitterly "why didn't I thought of that before?"

"Remus" I whispered "this does not change anything between us, right? We- we are still the same couple we were a day ago"

"Of course"

I leaned down and kissed his forehead again.

"We should go to bed, you must be tired"

"Just give me a moment" he said. We didn't move yet. I let him lay down for few more minutes to gather some strength.

I helped him to the bedroom and let him lay down on the bed. I brought him water and took some bandages near the bed.

"I don't understand how have you gone through this every month without any help"

"I am used to it, really"

"But now I am here for you, you are not alone"

He nodded and watched me fussing around the apartment.

"Come and lay down, beautiful"

I smiled and went and laid down next to him. He tried to wrap his arm around me and pull me against his chest but I didn't let him.

"Not tonight, I am going to hurt you"

He pouted.

"John, no" I chuckled "I am going to my own do-"

"No, no, no. Fine, I won't hug you but you can't go to your own dorm"

Remus was first to fall asleep. I watched as his chest raised and fell steadily, he looked so calm. I looked at the new wounds on his chest what were about to be scars soon.

He looked so beautiful. And with that thought, I fell asleep.

When the morning came, it took me a moment to realize that I shouldn't be in his arms right now.

I pushed myself away from his grasp, only to be pulled back.

I looked at him, he was completely awake.

"Fuck" I whispered and laid my head back against his chest "if you are in pain then it's your own fault"

He chuckled and rubbed my back

"I know, go back to sleep. It it too early for you"

"What time is it?"

"Ten"

I groaned and tried to fall asleep again. I fell asleep very quickly.

——————————

"I agreed to something really horrible, Remus"

I said while eating breakfast or well more like lunch with him.

He raised his eyebrows and hummed.

"I was in the Astronomy Tower when it was Full Moon, and I wasn't alone at some point. Potter came there and started to speak to me"

"Harry?"

"Yes"

He snorted. I shot him a glare, he really tried not to laugh.

"And?" He chuckled

"I wish I was drunk or high or something, but no, I was completely sober and I agreed to give him a quidditch lesson"

At that, he burst into laughter. I slapped his thigh and told him to shut up, but he didn't do it.

"Oh Merlin" He chuckled "that's bloody hilarious"

"Now tell me how can I say it is not going to happen?"

"It is soooo going to happen, my love" he wiped tears from his eyes and took a deep breath "oh my, no but, Harry is a sweet boy and-"

"Not for me! I can't stand him and you know that"

"But for some reason you agreed to give him that quidditch lesson, there still is a good side of you- ow!" I slapped his thigh again "that's hurt!"

"Good"

He rubbed the now red spot on his thigh.

"That boy said some really weird things, like, how I am not acting like Severus or you know"

"He is right, you are not acting like your father"

"Must be the mother's genes then" I whispered and took another bit of my sandwich.

"Can I ask you something?" He said after a moment of silence.

"You just did"

"Do you know uhm who is your mother?" I looked up to him and even stopped chewing on the sandwich.

I shook my head after a moment.

"No idea"

"Your father hasn't told you anything?"

"No, I don't really care either, she isn't here with us and I haven't known her my whole life so... she is pretty much no one to me"

He nodded and looked at the newspaper that he had on the table.

"Would you like t-"

"No. I would not like to know who she is"

"Okay"

"Are you- is your uhm hearing and everything more stronger or something when you are werewolf?"

"Yes, I- I pretty much hear everything someone is gossiping in the other side of the Great Hall"

"Really?"

"Yes" he smirked "I've heard absolutely everything I need to know"

"So you have heard how students are talking about you?"

"Oh, yes" he smiled "but, not to worry" he stood up and walked behind me "because" he whispered and placed his lips against my neck "I only love you"