Marauders map and our song

I leaned against his office door, letting out a sigh.

Remus was sitting behind his office desk, a glass of whiskey in hand and Marauders map in front of him.

A week ago he walked into the room with that map in his hands and since then he had his nose buried in it all the time.

I opened my eyes, hearing Remus and Potter talking in his office. I got out of the bed and walked closer to the door to hear what they were talking about.

Soon, the door closed and silence took over. The door opened and we were both startled to see each other.

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I have the same question for you. It's almost two in the morning"

"Harry was in trouble"

"What happened?"

"Severus was patrolling the castle and I heard them talking-"

"What's that?" I motioned on the parchment. He sighed and brushed past me, walking over to his desk.

I watched as he mumbled something under his breath and ink appeared on the paper. I walked over to him and stood behind him. I placed my hands on his stiff shoulders.

"This is a map what me and my friends created when we were in school. This man in here shows everyone who is in the castle. It shows where they are and what they are doing-"

"That's us" I motioned on his office "wait. You- Harry had it?"

"Yes"

"Oh Merlin, Remus- did he saw us?"

His head snapped to me, his eyes widening.

"No uhm, I don't think so. He didn't mention it"

Remus stood up and walked over to his liquor cabinet and took a whiskey from there.

"Pour  me a glass too" I said. He looked at me. "Please"

He nodded and poured two glasses. I furrowed my brows when he immediately gulped his glass and poured himself another.

"Remus, if he saw us we can just talk to hi-"

"That is not the fucking issue right now" he shouted at me. My eyes widened and my heart started to beat in my chest. He had never raised his voice at me.

I saw he regretted it immediately. He shut his eyes and shook his head before walking over to me. He cupped my cheeks and looked into my frightened eyes.

"Sorry- I- I didn't mean it"

I nodded slowly and gulped. I wrapped my fingers around his wrists and pleaded him to tell me what was going on.

He levitated our whiskey glasses over to us and sat down on the chair, pulling me down to sit on his lap.

I confiscated this map from Harry. He told me he saw someone on the map who we believed to be dead until now"

"Who?"

"Peter Pettigrew"

He told me the whole story of how they only found Peter's finger. How he was friends with Sirius Black. He told me everything.

And the whole week he had been sitting behind his desk, trying to find Peter.

I told him maybe the map lies. He told me the map could never lie.

And even now, I came to his apartment to spend some time with him and he once again had a glass of whiskey in his hands and that map laid in front of him.

"Remus" I said and pushed myself off of the doorframe. Now as a routine, I walked behind him and placed my hands on his shoulders, massaging them.

I rested my head on top of his head and sighed again.

"Rem" I whispered again

"Mh?"

I stood up and moved in front of him, pushing the map aside and sitting on top of his table.

"Venus-"

"No, Remus, stop with that" I snapped "A whole week you have taught your classes and after that you have watched the stupid map. I have been here every night, doing my homework and watching as you have your eyes only for that map. Please, I feel like I am not one to you anymore. You don't even go to the Great Hall anymore. People see that, they are talking about it. It's time to push the map aside, that not your whole life-"

"You don't underst-"

"i do! I fucking understand. Sirius is innocent and Peter is out there living his free life, but when the time is right it's all settling in. He will get the punishment or sentence he deserves. Right now, please just see how you are pushing me and everyone else out of your life"

He looked at me and then briefly at the map. He shut his eyes and let out a big sigh.

"I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want to push you away" he said "come here" he opened his arms and invited me into his lap.

I snuggled against him and let him hold me tightly. He pressed a kiss on my forehead and apologized for over and over again.

"I love you so much Rem, I think I could never be actually mad at you, but please, don't do that again"

"I won't, I promise you"

"We've made so much promises lately"

"We have"

We chuckled and I rested my forehead against his. Remus brushed his nose against mine, doing an eskimo kiss.

I smiled and kissed him. Remus kissed me back and when we pulled away he offered that we would make dinner together today.

I agreed with that.

"We have made pasta so much already, wanna do something else?" He asked

"Steak and Potatoes?"

"Mm sounds good"

"Are you going to the kitchen to get the ingredients?"

"I'll go yeah, I'll be quick" he pecked my lips and went to grab the ingredients.

I decided to put on Elvis Presley recorder as usual. Of course there were so many good singers as David Bowie, Freddie Mercury and so on, but it seemed like Elvis Presley was our favorite to listen together.

When Remus finally came back he smiled at me.

"Come here, today I'll teach you how to cook"

"No" I whined "I thought I can just sip wine and watch my hot boyfriend cooking"

"Not gonna happen" he whispered against my lips.

And he really tried to teach me, but I was most of the time just making fun of him or teasing. When the food was in the over, Remus took a wine from his stash and poured us a glass of wine.

We both sipped our wine before we heard "love me tender" playing.

Remus wrapped his arms around me and hold me in his arms as we swung from side to side, listening the lyrics.

"It's our song" Remus whispered

"Our song"