Change of heart - Amy x male!reader

En başından başla

Amy nodded, "Thank you.. Sammy."

Amy and Sammy continued their conversation, not only addressing Amy's problems with you, but also with Amy rebuilding her relationship with Sammy. All these years, Amy treated her sister like shit, but she wanted to become a better person.

"Amy, I really appreciate your willingness to grow and change." Sammy told her, giving her a proud smile.

Amy smiled, "It's not easy, but I think it's worth a shot."

"I believe in you, Amy. Let's work on this together."

Over the next few days, Amy and Sammy both went on a journey of self-reflection and personal growth. They analyzed Amy's behavior, identifying her tendencies to be overly critical, dismissive, and manipulative. Amy confronted the harsh reality of her actions, acknowledging the pain she had caused you and the toll it had taken on your relationship.

"Why do you get jealous, Amy?" Sammy asked, sitting across from her at the cafe. Her and Amy were currently catching up as sisters after years of rivalry.

Amy sighed, "I don't know, Sammy."

"You don't know?"

Amy looked down in shame. "Mom.. She hates me."

Sammy's eyes widened in realization. Their mom always disregarded Amy ever since the divorce because Amy was their dad's favorite. That explained a lot why Amy acted the way she did.

"Amy, I'm so sorry." Sammy told her. "I should've realized it sooner."

"It's not your fault, Sammy. How I treated others wasn't an excuse and it was my responsibility in the first place to learn and grow from our family problems."

"I'm proud of you, Amy. I really am." Sammy replied.

"I'm proud of you too, Sammy. Thank you for giving me another chance to be your sister."

With Sammy's guidance, Amy began practicing empathy, patience, and active listening. She made a conscious effort to consider your perspective and needs, realizing that a healthy relationship required compromise and understanding. It wasn't always easy, and there were moments when Amy slipped into old patterns, but she remained determined to change for the better.

"Y/N." Amy called, knocking on your door. She had a fruit basket of all your favorite fruits along with an apology note.

You opened the door with a hesitant smile, "Hey Amy. What brings you here?"

Amy took a deep breath, handing you a fruit basket. "I just.. I wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I know I messed up and I ruined things between us."

You smiled, opening the door wider. "Let's talk."

You and Amy sat on your couch. You turned towards Amy, holding the apology note. "You know, it's a big step to admit you made a mistake. I'm really proud of you, Amy."

Amy blushed, rubbing her hand in nervousness. "Thank you.. I just.. Gosh, I hate being vulnerable. It feels ugly."

"It's not ugly, Amy. Vulnerability can be beautiful, it can open insights to meaningful conversations and newfound understandings. It's not wrong to be vulnerable."

"You think so?"

"I know so." You reassured her, putting the note aside. "And I think it's cute that you made a little fruit basket of all my favorite fruits."

"It was Sammy's idea."

"Yeah, but still." You smiled, taking her hand in yours. "You never made an effort like this before. Although I'm happy for you, I want you to be consistent. Do you think you can do that?"

Amy nodded, sincerely. "Yes, Y/N. Almost losing you was a wake-up call. You just.. You mean a lot to me."

You leaned in, giving Amy a kiss on the cheek. "I believe in you, Amy."

Over the next few months of your relationship with Amy, you noticed the genuine effort she was putting into your relationship. You saw Amy become more considerate, supportive, and loving. She was still the fiery girl you fell in love with, but instead of being straight up mean, she found a balance and learned to be respectful.

It was a slow process, but you recognized the sincerity behind her actions. You too decided to meet Amy halfway, communicating your own needs and aspirations for your relationship.

Soon but slowly, the arguments subsided, replaced by open and honest conversations.

One day, You and Amy decided to celebrate your progress together by watching the sunset together and sipping wine by the beach.

The sound of crashing waves filled the air as you and Amy sat side by side on a blanket, facing the ocean. A bottle of wine and two glasses sat between you were a symbol of the progress you had made in your relationship.

The tension that had once plagued your interactions now seemed like a distant memory. It was a moment to celebrate how far you had come.

Amy reached for the bottle of wine and poured a generous amount into each glass. Raising her glass, Amy turned to you with a genuine smile. "To us."

"To us," You repeated, clinking your glass against hers. This marked a toast to the growth and resilience of your relationship.

Amy leaned her head against your shoulder and you wrapped your arm around her, pulling her closer, as if to reassure her that you were in this together.

"We've come a long way, haven't we?" Amy whispered.

"Yes, we have," You replied, your voice filled with sincerity. "I'm thankful every day that we found a way to make it work."

"I'm thankful too." Amy said, trying to hold back tears. "I'm thankful for you and Sammy."

"We're here for you, Amy. Always."

As the sun began to set and the stars slowly came out, you knew that this moment would forever hold a special place in your hearts.