Overprotective - Noah x pregnant!reader

Start from the beginning

"You didn't have to-"

"But we insist!" Izzy laughed, reaching out for your hands. "Owen, can you get it from the car?"

Owen nodded, then went to Izzy's car to get the gift they got for you and Noah. Noah felt a little worried about what the gift would be because their idea of relaxing was different from his. After two minutes, Owen came back inside to show that he and Izzy bought you guys a speaker.

"Let's dance!" Izzy laughed, dragging you to the living room. Noah quickly followed behind, making sure you wouldn't slip, and Owen and Eva followed.

You and Izzy played music from your phone and started dancing. You knew to be careful and be steady with your movements, but you still had fun. Owen sat on the couch, eating chips and cheering you guys on, while Eva just sighed and watched you two. Noah stood on the side, trying to hide how annoyed and frustrated he was at you.

Noah got even more worried when you stumbled a little on the carpet, so he took your phone, turning it off.

"What did you do that for?" You asked, looking at him.

Noah shook his head, "This was a bad idea. Guys, dinner is over. Y/N, you need to take it easy."

"But I only stumbled a little." You replied, frowning at him. "I'm sorry that, that scared you, Noah and I know I should've watched my step, but you need to take it easy too. I know you're protective because you care and I appreciate that, but I got this okay?"

Noah glared at you. "You don't seem like you got this. What if you fall, Y/N? Then what happens? How are you going to act as a mother if you can't even be careful?"

You sighed, feeling yourself tear up a little. You hated how you were about to cry, when you usually didn't cry so much over an argument. Damn these hormones.

But you couldn't help but feel that Noah was right. You thought that if you depended on yourself to do things on your own and still had a little fun at a careful limit, you could handle it. Maybe you wouldn't be such a good mother after all.

Izzy, Owen and Eva awkwardly watched you and Noah argue. Izzy tried to break up the tension, and put her arms around you and Noah. "Guys, stop arguing. No one got hurt, so it's okay!"

"Do whatever you want then." Noah snapped, then went into the bedroom.

You felt yourself start to cry even more, so Eva and Owen quickly stood up from the couch, to comfort you. Izzy wiped your tears, then glared at the bedroom door.

"Hold on." Izzy mumbled, then stormed towards the bedroom door, giving it a stern knock before you could stop her.

Noah answered it, then glared at her. "What do you want?"

"Stop acting like a brat and talk to your wife!" Izzy huffed, glaring at him. "She's crying, and I think storming off into the bedroom instead of resolving things isn't exactly acting like a good parent either."

Noah glanced at you crying on the couch, while Owen and Eva tried to cheer you up, and he felt a pang of guilt hit him. He knew he shouldn't have been that hard on you when you were being careful. It is your first pregnancy, so you were already under a lot of pressure and most likely had doubts about yourself.

Noah walked up to you, bringing you into a hug. He mumbled, "It's okay, it's okay. I'm sorry. Can we talk about this?"

You nodded, wiping your tears, then stood up to walk to the bedroom with him. Izzy smiled, then waited on the couch with Owen and Eva. However, out of curiousity, she tried to listen to you and Noah as best as she could in the hallway.

"I'm sorry I've been way too overprotective, Y/N." Noah frowned, sitting on the bed next to you. He wiped your tears, then kissed your cheek. "I just don't want you and our baby to get hurt. I would never forgive myself if something bad were to happen."

"I know, and I appreciate that you're protective over me." You told him. "But sometimes, I just want to do things on my own like put my own plate or have a little movement once in awhile. You already know that I would tell you if I need extra help. Sometimes, that makes me feel like an inconvenience."

Noah hugged you. "You're not an inconvenience, Y/N. I'm sorry too for what I said about you not being a good mom. You're sweet, caring, and I know our baby would be lucky to have you. I'm lucky to have you."

You smiled, then hugged him back. Noah closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of your baby bump. He didn't want to mess this up.

After a few minutes, you chuckled then stood up, taking Noah's hand. "We better get back out there or else our friends would think we're making out."

Noah laughed a little, then stood up. "Yeah."

After that talk you had with Noah, you both realized you needed to hear each other out about how you felt, even when you disagreed with each other. You wanted to set an example for your son that you can listen to the other person's perspective, and find a solution through disagreements, while also being honest about how you're feeling. It is important to listen to understand, not only to reply.

Noah noticed you were deep in thought about what happened tonight, while you all watched a movie in the living room. He whispered, "Are you okay?"

You nodded, then leaned against his chest. "Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too."