Volume 6 Chapter 18 - Clash of the Strongest

[A/N: Double chapter today, enjoy! Some of the missing details such as what happened with Cadell's horns, where is Lancelot and the background story of Dusk's Shadowfang will be explored in the Epilogue of this volume]

|Arthur|

As the grip of destructive thoughts tightened its hold on my mind, I exerted pressure, channeling the formidable force of aether to annihilate the Vritra's arm within my grasp. Suppressing his agonized scream, he retaliated with a powerful punch from his remaining limb.

I scoffed and vanished into thin air, evading the onslaught of spells that descended upon my previous location with calculated precision.

"Hehe," I chuckled, relishing the advantage that wielding aether provided me, even in comparison to the formidable asuran mana arts. Not that I had any complaints.

The crimson manifestation of force-type mana melded seamlessly with the destructive essence, its scarlet hue morphing into a perilous shade of violet as I surged towards the leader. Anticipating my assault, he hastily evaded my strike, recognizing that he was not my primary target.

A searing beam of soulfire hurtled toward me, but my grin widened as I countered with an amethyst beam of concentrated Destruction. The destructive energy tore through the soulfire, striking the enemy Vritras with unforgiving force.

Though they managed to narrowly evade complete annihilation, the blow dealt a significant blow to their strength.

The leader of the Specters unleashed a powerful punch, crashing into my jaw and threatening to launch me through the air. Yet, every aspect of this encounter was part of a meticulously devised plan.

In an instant, time stood still as I activated the power of the Static Void.

Ignoring the searing pain surging through my body, I gestured toward the two injured Vritras, intensifying the destructive purple flames within this temporal sanctuary. With a surge of energy, I unfroze time, allowing the engulfing inferno to consume the wailing Vritras, sealing their fate in an instant.

"You Vritras are no better than the lessurans," I admonished the leader, his expression a mix of shock and horror as he witnessed the extent of my power.

With an intense resolve, we charged at each other, my teal blade shattering upon impact, its fragments dispersing under the force of Destruction, successfully deflecting his incoming fist.

'He's formidable,' I acknowledged, even amidst the tumultuous chaos that consumed my mind. The thickness of his mana suggested that he possessed the resilience to evade the power of Destruction and endure unless I struck him with overwhelming force.

As Dawn's Ballad finally succumbed to his powerful blow, I seized the opportunity, inflicting a deep gash across his torso with the shattered remnants of the blade.

"Hahaha!" I laughed exuberantly as we engaged in a relentless exchange of punches.

My adversary displayed superior strength and speed, but the destructive essence infused within my strikes inflicted far greater damage.

With each blow, I felt the weight of his resilience. However, the sheer force of Destruction propelled my attacks, leaving an indelible mark upon his body.

In the decisive moment, I channeled the entirety of my power into a final punch, a concentrated surge of Destruction surging through my fist. The blow connected with unyielding force, obliterating his defenses and launching him backward, his form spiraling through the air before crashing heavily onto the ground.

Silence enveloped the battlefield as my opponent lay motionless, defeated by the overwhelming might of Destruction.

Agony coursed through every fiber of my being, my body straining under the overwhelming power of Destruction that surged within me. My muscles screamed in protest, and my bones felt as if they were on the verge of shattering. The consequences of harnessing such immense power were becoming painfully clear.