Volume 2 Chapter 1 - Adventurer's Examination

|Gary|

"Then, I am going now, Mother, Father," I said as I waved goodbye to my new parents.

My mother had tears streaming down her face while my father simply waved me goodbye as well.

"P-please be careful, Gary. Remember, you must come once every month!" she reminded me as I let out a soft, fake smile to calm her down.

"We should be on our way now, Your Grace, Madam," Galliard said as he mounted his horse as it wasn't right for a knight to be in the same carriage as a noble.

My father and I nodded in agreement simultaneously as I climbed up the carriage, making myself comfortable before a servant closed the door.

Waving goodbye again, the carriage departed with Galliard riding his horse by my right side.

"Sir Galliard, which Adventurer's Guild will we be going to?" I asked curiously.

"We will be taking the teleportation gate and going to the main guild in Etistin. It's far bigger than the one here, and will have more dungeons for you, Young Master," he replied in a calm voice.

I nodded as my thoughts as I began to think more about my future and this world.

'I wish I could use the Dover Style but my body is too weak, I need to at least hit the white stage for that. Keiki Style should suffice for now though,' I thought with a sigh as I was once again reminded of my lack of strength.

'I need to think about how to beat an AA-rank adventurer. One is capable of fighting and defeating 10 A-rank adventurers at the same time, and it would be hard to beat them with my secondary core.'

Of course, it won't be hard to do so with my primary core being used as well, but that wasn't something I was planning to do.

Time quickly passed as we arrived at the teleportation gate. The guards let us pass after seeing the insignia of the Grand Dukedom of Whiteborn, bowing as we passed them.

The experience of going throw the portal was certainly worse than it had been for me in my previous life as it felt like I was thrown into a giant washing machine. If not for Monarch's Indifference, perhaps an irritated and unsightly expression would have crept up on my cold face.

'But it's shocking how this world has portals before other mediums of transportation like cars and other scientific discoveries like the steam engine and electricity,' I thought while looking around the city.

As expected, Etistin was more developed than Redpine City. It had a certain flair to it, a flair of nobility and luxury that Redpine lacked.

The carriage slowed down to a halt in front of the Adventurer's Guild.

The Guild Hall was a building filled with prestige and luxury. A marble structure towered over us like a sacred museum. Once inside, it was clear the amount of work that had been put into the intricately designed interior. It wasn't anything shabby and was quite different from what I had expected.

The whole place had an ambience of extravagance, which seemed to have caused the adventurers themselves to look more like armoured knights and nobles than the barbarians I half expected them to be.

Using my absolute control over mana, I was able to determine everyone's strength.

'All B-rank and above!' I thought with slight shock.

"All of the adventurers' here are quite strong, aren't they?" Galliard asked as I stepped down from my carriage.

The appearance of a carriage with the insignia of the great Whiteborn family caused quite a stir as expected.