Volume 4 Chapter 15 - Light

[A/N: I uploaded this chapter much earlier than I planned to because I thought of this battle scene and needed to write it. Enjoy!]

|Gary|

"Embrace the pinnacle of power," Jezebeth proclaimed, his aura surging to unprecedented heights as ethereal flames engulfed his entire being. I delved into the depths of my essence, tapping into the boundless potential of my ice magic.

Drawing in a deep breath, a surge of energy coursed through my veins, igniting a remarkable transformation in my silver locks. They shimmered and transformed into a luminous cascade of pure white, while my piercing amethyst eyes blazed with an intensified sapphire blue. As I exhaled, an arctic tempest swept through the Academy, enveloping the surroundings in a frosty embrace, as if nature itself succumbed to my command.

In a collision of colossal forces, Jezebeth and I propelled towards each other with unyielding determination, our powers colliding in a cataclysmic symphony that resonated through the hallowed halls, shaking the very foundation of the Academy. The clash of titans reverberated with a deafening roar, signifying the ultimate test of strength and will.

However, I sensed that Jezebeth's true power far surpassed what he was currently displaying. It seemed he deliberately held back, perhaps underestimating me or concealing his true abilities for some unknown purpose.

What intrigued me even more was his physique, reminiscent of the Hades' Serpent I vanquished years ago, yet purer and superior. His mana possessed an inexplicable density and weight, rendering the battle more challenging than anticipated.

Although I unleashed the entirety of my power, I acknowledged the grim reality that I alone could not emerge victorious against him.

As I confronted the daunting reality of facing Jezebeth alone, I lamented the absence of any formidable allies by my side. Even the strongest among them, Varay, barely reached a B-rank power level. While my recent breakthrough to the high silver stage granted me a quasi A-rank strength, achieving the white stage would propel me to the true A-rank level.

Jezebeth's deliberate restraint hinted at his A-rank prowess. With no one even remotely close to his or my level, the burden of this battle rested solely upon my shoulders.

Suddenly, a mysterious voice whispered in my mind, capturing my attention amidst the chaos. Its ethereal and enchanting tone pulled me away from the intensity of the fight.

With a swift teleportation using spatium, narrowly evading Jezebeth's attack, I seized the momentary respite to catch my breath and gather my thoughts.

"Who are you?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued.

"I am the entity who bestowed upon you the power of aether," the voice responded with a touch of arrogance. "Now, as you stand on the precipice of danger, I shall impart upon you the knowledge to unlock your second power."

"It is premature for you to wield that power, as you have not yet reached the white stage," the voice continued, its tone resonating with caution. "However, the gravity of the situation necessitates that you unleash every card hidden up your sleeve to ensure your survival. To access this power, you must awaken all the dormant elements of mana within you, as well as the three interweaving branches of aether. Though I have loosened the seal, allowing you to access it without fulfilling the usual prerequisites."

With a resolute nod, I acknowledged the voice's guidance and swiftly acted upon her instructions. Igniting the depths of my being, I unleashed the dormant forces within me, activating the nine elemental strands of mana and intertwining them with the three branches of aether. Their harmonious fusion danced and intermingled with the radiant luminescence emanating from the core within my sternum.