Volume 4 Chapter 16 - Darkness

|Gary|

As the realisation set in, I grimly acknowledged the direness of the situation. Jezebeth had successfully neutralised our combined assault, outlasting Lancelot's transformative power. We had underestimated his resilience.

Without hesitation, I tapped into my mastery of spatium, utilising its teleportation abilities to whisk both Lancelot and myself away from Jezebeth's immediate reach. The strain of the transformation took its toll on Lancelot, causing his body to convulse in pain. Knowing I lacked the mana reserves to heal him, I made a quick decision and directed him towards Rachel, trusting her restorative abilities to mend his wounds.

Jezebeth's own power waned significantly, mirroring my own depletion. At this juncture, we stood as equals, our fates hanging in the balance. The decisive victor would soon emerge from the impending clash.

With an unwavering resolve, I recognised the gravity of the moment. This final assault would be a perilous gamble, one that might claim my own life in the process. However, my sole purpose now rested upon extinguishing Jezebeth's existence, even if it meant sacrificing myself in the process.

A chilling iciness settled in my eyes as I locked my gaze upon the target, fixated on the imminent strike that would decide our fates.

Concentrating all the radiant power of the light magic that enveloped me, I channeled it into Dusk's Shadowfang, causing the majestic blade to undergo a transformative metamorphosis. It grew into a colossal, gleaming sword of resplendent gold and luminous radiance.

Jezebeth mirrored my determination, adopting his own formidable stance, prepared to bring the battle to its final climax in our next exchange.

The atmosphere crackled with tension as the clash of titans loomed, a culmination of our entire struggle hanging in the balance.

Harnessing the immense power within me, I summoned the fifth movement of the Keiki Style: Space Splitter. The forces of spatium surged through my mana and aether cores, causing a violent tremor that reverberated throughout my being.

Cracks tore through the very fabric of space itself as I propelled my transformed sword towards Jezebeth with relentless determination. Simultaneously, Jezebeth's fist materialised a concentrated amalgamation of black flames and decay mana, aiming to annihilate me in a single blow.

As space shattered, radiant light burst forth from the fractures, bombarding my adversary relentlessly. Undeterred by the onslaught, Jezebeth displayed an unnerving resilience, disregarding the damage inflicted upon him. With swift precision, he crushed my sword with his fist, the threat of his strike aimed directly at my heart.

Yet, I remained undeterred by the imminent peril, my focus solely fixed on extinguishing the life of my sworn enemy. The danger that loomed over me was inconsequential as I channeled the power of light to strike at Jezebeth with unwavering resolve, aware that my own demise was just a heartbeat away.

BOOM!

|Arthur|

The climactic battle between Gary and Jezebeth had reached its peak after Lancelot's defeat. Gary unveiled a powerful swordsmanship technique imbued with the power of light, while Jezebeth countered with his full might, determined to end Gary's life.

Jezebeth was bombarded by lances of radiant light that manifested from the fractures in the fabric of reality caused by Gary's spatium. Golden ichor dripped from his pores as he forced himself to push against the overwhelming power.

However, Jezebeth was not defeated yet. He penetrated through the sword of light with his fist, which was clad in black flames, aiming for Gary's vital organs.