Volume 6 Chapter 4 - Corollary

[NA/N: Yo readers! I shall be taking Cecilia and the Legacy's relationship further than my friend planned cause I don't like Nico one bit despite the redemption TurtleMe is giving him in the original story. As for the Legacy, his identity will be revealed soon enough, hopefully by the next time he appears again if everything goes according to plan. My friend loves mystery, so the plan of Gary and Arthur's powers as well as the Legacy's identity being hidden are all his. As always, point out any mistake I made and continue to help me!]

|Gary|

Curiosity lingered within me as I settled into a chair across from Rachel in the solemn atmosphere of the Paladins' meeting room. The other Paladins were also present, all wearing shocked expressions on their faces. She appeared fatigued, her mana levels visibly depleted, but otherwise unharmed. I needed to know what transpired during the mission entrusted to her and Lancelot.

Leaning back in my chair, my voice betrayed no trace of concern or intrigue as I posed my question. "Rachel, provide a thorough account of the events that unfolded."

Rachel sank deeper into her chair, weariness etched across her face. She took a moment to gather her thoughts before recounting the events. "Lancelot and I accomplished the mission you entrusted to us," she began, her voice tinged with a hint of pride. "We managed to destroy the fleet of ships that were directly attacking Etistin. However, we faced fierce resistance from one of their most powerful figures, and Lancelot sustained severe injuries."

I nodded, acknowledging the sacrifice they had made. It was no small feat to repel such a formidable force. While they had been unable to eliminate all four major Alacaryan figures, completing the mission itself was a significant accomplishment.

"Tell me more about this adversary," I pressed, "To push Lancelot to his limits in his Mana Sovereign state, they must possess considerable power."

Rachel's voice trembled slightly as she began to describe the four opponents they encountered. Her words carried a hint of unease, betraying the impact these encounters had on her.

"The first opponent, Nico, was rather unremarkable," she started, her voice tinged with a touch of disdain. "Though surpassing the level of a Lance, he posed no significant threat to any Paladin, except perhaps Tessia. His association with Cecilia, however, added a layer of complexity to the situation."

As Rachel continued, her voice wavered slightly, revealing her concerns. "Cecilia proved to be a formidable adversary, matching Lancelot's mana control even in his Mana Sovereign state. It was disconcerting to witness such power combined with her lack of maturity and naivety. We must tread carefully, ensuring that we exploit her weaknesses effectively."

Cadell, the Scythe responsible for Alistair's mother's death, elicited a visible change in Rachel's demeanor. A trace of anger seeped into her words, betraying her personal investment. "Cadell is a dangerous individual, and his actions will not be forgotten. We must remain vigilant and prepared for any further encounters."

However, it was the mysterious man who intervened during Lancelot's confrontation with Cecilia that piqued Rachel's curiosity. Her voice carried fascination as she spoke. "There was something extraordinary about him. It wasn't just his mana or aether, but his sword. His technique, his sword intent, surpassed anything I witnessed before."

From her vivid description, I could sense Rachel's intrigue and the shiver that ran down her spine. While her emotions simmered beneath the surface, my own response remained impassive, unaffected by her revelations.

As expected, Alistair's countenance contorted with anger upon hearing Cadell's name. However, it was the reaction of another Paladin that caught my attention.