Volume 4 Chapter 11 - Invasion

|Alistair|

The DC officers, including Tessia, and I were in the meeting room waiting for Kai to set up the sparring shield. Suddenly, the shield turned crimson and its mana flow was off.

"What do you think you're doing, Kai?" I asked with suspicion as I approached him.

"I'm just trapping you all," he said nonchalantly, a triumphant smile on his face.

I quickly scanned the barrier surrounding the school, which also turned crimson.

"Shit!" I cursed, realizing that breaking through the reinforced shield would be difficult.

But I had an ace up my sleeve - aether. I gathered black flames around my palm and used it to tear through the shield. Kai's eyes widened in shock as he tried to flee, but water strings manifested around him and trapped him while he was distracted.

"Rachel!" Tessia and Kathlyn exclaimed as a blonde girl entered the room with a trapped Kai by her side.

"Quick, we must rush to aid the students!" I said, leading the other DC officers out of the meeting room. However, before I could take another step forward, a suppressed yet powerful presence barged in from the wall.

I quickly positioned myself in front of Tessia protectively, summoning Faithkeeper to my side while channeling my mana through my body.

My heart raced as I saw through the smoke and caught a glimpse of the figure's appearance and aura, which reminded me of the Vritra that killed my mother.

What was even more unsettling was the gnawing feeling in my heart, like when I had faced Gary before - an overwhelming sensation of being up against someone I could never defeat.

The young man, who appeared to be around my age, chuckled before his eyes narrowed to slits. In an instant, he exploded off the ground, moving at a speed almost too fast for me to track.

Thinking quickly, I siphoned aether and used aevum to slow down time, allowing me to predict his attack. His punch was aimed directly at my heart and mana core, a move that could have been an instant kill.

Despite being able to track his movements using my enhanced senses, dodging them proved to be a challenge. Our speeds were vastly different.

I rapidly calculated all possible outcomes and decided to parry his attack using my left arm. I activated Creation vivum, conjuring a purple exoskeleton around my arm before raising it to intercept his blow.

BOOM!

Even though I managed to deflect his attack and avoid taking the full brunt of it, my arm trembled from the sheer force of the impact that passed through the aether. The raw power was on another level.

"Not bad," the young man said, "As expected of a Dragon!"

My eyes widened in shock, but I quickly composed myself and signaled to the DC officers to evacuate the room. I could sense Tessia's scared and worried expression, but I ignored it and instead focused on the opponent before me.

Summoning Argentum Fang from my dimensional ring, I held it in my left hand and activated the foresight aspect of aevum, visualizing victory over my opponent.

Yet, my body began to tremble as I simulated thousands of possible futures, none of which resulted in my triumph.

"Show me what you can do, young Asura," the boy taunted, attacking me with blinding speed and conjuring black flames by his side.

I had to give everything I had to survive against this monster.

|Lancelot|

The ground was a battlefield, scattered with the broken bodies of both students and professors fighting against the invaders and the monsters they had managed to control. It was a dire situation where everyone's life hung in the balance.