Volume 2 Chapter 11 - Love

[A/N: I will be using bold for when the spirits are talking to make it simpler.]

|Lancelot|

"Lancelot!" a melodious voice called out as I stopped swinging my sword. Titling my head to see the origin, I found Rachel waving her hand.

An alluring smile appeared on her face, her sapphire eyes glinting in the distance.

A slight blush spread across my face as I wiped my sweat using my shirt.

"Wow Lancelot you are training so—" Rachel began to speak when Bell suddenly manifested in front of her.

Don't you dare come closer! Bell yelled, however, her childlike voice didn't help in the factor of intimidation.

Just before I was about to stop her, Rachel's spirit also emerged.

Oh my, oh my. Don't tell me that the spirit of the wind, Sylph, is jealous of a female approaching her contractor. Undine teased.

I groaned as Bell threw a tantrum. This series of events repeated itself almost daily, whenever Rachel would come to visit me while I was training my sword skills alone.

"Bell, don't be so mean to Rachel," I intervened. However, I instantly regretted it when I saw her face turn as pale as a white sheet. She turned towards Rachel and stammered out.

How, how dare you! Suddenly, she disappeared, likely going back to the Spirit World.

Don't worry, Lancelot. I will find and console her. Undine told me before a teasing smirk appeared on her face, So enjoy your time together, fiancés.

Our faces turned red simultaneously from her comment as she giggled and disappeared. I didn't know how two spirits could be so different, with Bell being the innocent child and Undine being a teasing, mature adult.

"So, Rachel, you got it again?" I asked as my eyes refused to meet hers. Her head was still stooped but her left hand with a fruit basket draped around it moved forward.

"H-here," she stuttered as she handed me the basket.

"T-thank y—" just as I was about to thank her, she bolted away. Letting out a sigh, I bit into the fruits she picked for me.

'It's sweet.' I thought.

For some reason, the scarlet colour of the fruit caused me to remember her lips. I could almost feel its soft texture and sweet flavour as I ate the fruit.

"God, what's wrong with me!" I said as I finished the fruit, my face fully red.

'Why the hell am I thinking like that about an twelve-year old girl?' I wondered.

|Rachel|

Thump, thump! My heart continuously thumped loudly and quickly as I bolted away from Lancelot.

Finding a pillar to lean myself again, I relaxed and calmed my breath. Suddenly, his figure came back to mind.

His young yet muscular body, his sweat-drenched shirt that caused all of his muscles underneath to show and his shiny black hair.

'WAITWAITWAITWAIT!' I thought, 'Why the hell am I falling for an twelve-year-old brat! Is this pedophilia? I mean, I was sixteen when I died, but I am the same age as him physically in this world!'

For some reason, I couldn't get his image out of my mind no matter how I tried.

'D-do I actually love him?' I wondered my head as red as a tomato.