Volume 2 Chapter 2 - Three Races Tournament

|Arthur|

My mother knocked on the door before asking, "Art, are you ready?"

Sylv jumped on my head and the three of us went down to the living room.

The twin horns were already there alongside the Helstea family and my father.

Angelica quickly pulled me into a hug, "Oh my, you are so cute!"

Luckily, Durden rescued me in time from a weapon I was sure would serve as a deadly means of assassination.

We were going today to the festival, but I was looking forward to the Three Races Tournament the most.

The reason for this is because of the message Grandpa sent me saying that he is also coming to watch because he heard there are three monsters that Sapin has put in for the tournament.

"I'm looking forward to the tournament, " I commented truthfully.

"I doubt there are any monsters that surpass you," Adam remarked.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"The world is vast. I already told you about Al, right? He was even stronger than me. Who knows if there are others like him in this world?" I replied.

Xyrus City was beautifully decorated for this festival. There were countless food stalls and other small temporary stores as well.

Everyone was having fun, buying random trinkets or food. My chest was filled with warmth in spending such quality family time rather than just focusing on getting stronger.

'Everyone except for Adam,' I scoffed internally, 'He tried to pick up four girls and got rejected by them all.'

After we were done touring the city, it was time for the tournament to begin. We went to the mana-reinforced stadium where it would take place.

There were four tiers of seating, one for ordinary people, VIP tickets, VVIP tickets and the Royal Box.

Vincent bought VIP tickets for us so we were escorted to more lavish seats than normal, with just enough comfort to enjoy the fight without worrying about drifting into sleep.

After some time, the entire stadium quieted down, as if waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, I see Director Goodsky appear in the middle of the battlefield. She wasn't wearing the big hat she was when she met me and was dressed more formally.

She spoke softly but the sound could be heard throughout the entire stadium, "I welcome everyone who is here to witness a historic event. Before proceeding further, could everyone turn back and look at the Royal Box there? The royalty of all three races are present there."

Everyone in the stadium got up and bowed to their respective royalty. I let out a smile when I recognised Grandpa Virion was also present like he said in the message he sent me.

Director Goodsky spoke again, "Let me first explain the rules of the tournament. All weapons, potions and armours are allowed. Age restriction is 14 years. It is considered a victory when a participant either loses consciousness, surrenders or is out of bounds. No spells with killing intent or serious harming capability are allowed. But do not worry. There are several silver core mages like myself you will intervene if we see the need to."

"There are five participants from each of the race. Let us welcome all of the participants!"

Soon, the fifteen young, budding mages emerged from various sides and stood in a flank, separated by their race.

I scanned the participants, recognising Feyfey who was representing the elven race. He was wearing a silver blue mage's robe and he had a long staff.

However, when I turned to the human participants, my eyes squinted before widening in shock.