The real prize - Alejandro x shy!reader

Start from the beginning

"So, why did you join this show?" Alejandro asked.

You gave him a shy smile. "I wanted to build up my confidence. I also like to travel, and I thought this would be a good opportunity."

Alejandro grinned, as you both arrived at Central Park. "I will be sure to help you with that. You're an interesting lady, Y/N."

-

To your surprise, you went very far in the game. You didn't think you could, but you did and you noticed how you were much more confident than you were since you first joined the show. You still had a lot of shyness, but you weren't as scared to show off your potential. Alejandro noticed this too, and he found that very attractive and cute.

"I wonder what tomorrow's challenge is going to be." You told Alejandro, as you handed him some fruit.

"Chris always cooks up something extreme. But it's nothing you can't handle, right?" He smirks.

"Just because I opened up a bit more!" You laughed.

Alejandro grabbed your plate of fruit, then held out a strawberry towards you. "Open up!"

"No!" You chuckled, shoving it away. "Alejandro, I can feed myself."

"Open up!" He smiled, obviously trying to hold in his laugh. "I must be a gentleman."

You sighed, then frowned playfully. "Fine."

Alejandro fed you some strawberries and some of it was sloppy, staining your lips. You started laughing, shoving his hands away.

"Alejandro, you got strawberries all over my face!" You laughed, wiping your face. "That wasn't very gentleman-y of you."

"You were the one who kept laughing." He chuckled, helping you wipe your lips. He stared at your lips for a moment, then looked away, hiding his flustered smile.

Your moment got interrupted, when you saw Courtney glaring at you, holding a cookie in her hand. You began to feel self conscious until Alejandro got up from his seat, fake sweet talking her until she left.

"She doesn't know what's coming." Alejandro chuckled, kissing your nose. You shook your head, smiling then playfully smashed a strawberry onto his mouth to lighten the mood.

"Oops!" You smiled innocently.

Alejandro just left the strawberry there then pulled you into your first kiss together. You froze a little in shock, before you kissed him back. 

"Now we're even." He chuckled, smiling at your strawberry covered lips.

-

Today's challenge was very interesting. In fact, it made you flustered.

The contestants had to act as a bride and groom, and the groom had to carry the bride, trying not to drop her. It felt even more coincidental to know that Alejandro was your 'groom' and you were the 'bride.' This really pissed Courtney off, which Alejandro found hilarious.

As you and Alejandro walked away from Courtney, he noticed how flustered you still were that he was your groom for the challenge. He began teasing you, "Aww, do you see this as a dream come true, Y/N?"

"Shut up." You said, covering your face. This made him smile even more. He thought it was adorable how you can be so confident in challenges yet still carry such timid nature at heart.

It was time to walk on a tightrope over Niagara Falls, and Alejandro carried you bridal style. You felt yourself blush and you wanted to cover your face the whole time. He chuckled, doing his best to focus on the other side, trying not to drop you.
He got distracted by how much he found you cute, then accidentally fell into the water with you.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, swimming over to you. He picked you up, "Are you okay?"

You sighed, holding onto his shoulder, "Yeah, I'm okay.

Alejandro swam as fast as he could with you over his shoulders to find a rock to sit on and avoid the sharks. You both stayed there until help arrived, watching some of the other contestants fall into the water and cry for help.

When you and Alejandro got into the plane, he hugged you and apologized for dropping you. You looked up at him, and you could tell he felt ashamed about it. You told him it was okay, and to be more careful next time, especially when there were sharks involved.

He kissed your cheek, hugging you closer. "I will."

-

It was now the finale and Heather got eliminated along with Cody, leaving you and Alejandro to compete against each other. You were shocked that you even made it to the finale. You underestimated yourself based on your shyness too much. It took a lot of work and building your self confidence to make you a strong competitor.

"You ready, mi amor?" Alejandro smirked.

"It's on."

Chris explained that the first challenge will determine the winner, and that you and Alejandro have to build dummies that look like each other to throw into the volcano.

Courtney and Lindsay were Alejandro's helpers, while your helpers were Gwen and Leshawna, your two closest friends you made in the show. You knew opening up more and making friends would help you.

The final song of the season was titled "Good versus Evil," where you and Alejandro sang about your time together with each other on the show about his tactics and yours. After he was finished building his dummy, he winked then ran off.

"Go Y/N!" Leshawna cheered, as you ran off with your dummy.

You ran as fast as you could up to the volcano, and you were about to quit, seeing that it was too far up. You noticed all the contestants up there waiting. You began to feel yourself get nervous again about having to throw the dummy into the volcano in front of a crowd of people. What if you tripped into the volcano? Or fell off and everyone laughed at you?

"Y/N!" Leshawna yelled, pulling you out of your thoughts. "Remember what you learned from your time on this show! Don't be afraid of your potential!"

You nodded, then continued running.

Alejandro was about to throw his dummy into the volcano, when he heard your presence from behind him. He turned, smiling proudly at you. "I knew you could do it, Y/N."

He was about to kiss you, until you quickly pushed passed him, throwing your dummy into the volcano.

The contestants began cheering, and you smiled proudly at them. Alejandro stood there in shock, then nodded impressed, despite feeling sad that he lost.

"And the winner of Total Drama world tour is Y/N!" Chris cheered.

Everybody cheered, except for Courtney and Heather. Alejandro walked up to you, pulling you into a hug. He kissed the top of your head, "I'm so proud of you, my love."

You smiled, taking his hand. "Thank you. But despite winning the million, I have the real prize."

"And what might that be?" Alejandro asked.

"It's you." You told him, kissing his cheek.

The contestants watched in shock, and you turned to them, feeling a little nervous.  You knew they thought you were crazy for thinking you valued your relationship with Alejandro much more than the million.

The volcano began to shake, and everyone ran as fast as they could to avoid the lava and the rocks. You all ran towards the beach, swimming as far as you could into the ocean away from the lava.

You held the brief-case as tightly as you could, with Alejandro beside you in the water.

Suddenly, a feral Ezekiel came into the water when you weren't looking, and tried to snatch the case from you. You and Alejandro tried fighting him off, but he managed to steal it, then swam fast back to the shore with the rocks from the volcano still flying, then he accidentally dropped it into the lava as he was running.

You huffed in anger, watching what just happened, and Alejandro hugged you tightly.

"Am I still the real prize?" He smirked.

You chuckled, splashing him playfully. "You sure are."