Chapter 159: Kiyotaka Ayanokouji vs Haru Daigo #2

12 years ago

Haru POV

What are these tests?

Am I expected to answer this? 

These concepts are quite foreign to me. 

But ohh well I'll at least try to do so answer it the best I could. 

After the test, I managed to make it to 3rd place just behind some girl who took 4th place named Shizuku Yuki. 

I think the two that are on the top two are Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Masakatsu Shiro.  

Those two must've gotten lucky or they're actually smart. 

Who knows. 

I just wanted to survive this so-called program in order to get stronger. 

I mean who cares if my parents knew I was gone. 

I was an orphan after I left them. 

My family is quite rich, but I was never interested in doing what they want. 

I couldn't play with the other kids that are below the social standings just because my family thinks of them as peasants. 

They expected me to have all this responsibility as an heir to the Daigo clan. 

I just wanted to be free. 

Free from these responsibilities. 

A child shouldn't go through such nonsense. 

I wanted to do my own thing. 

Who cares what it is. 

Joining this White Room program or being with street children. 

I just wanted to make my own decision. 

It's around 6:30 PM that we all gathered at this massive table just like we do every day. 

We were given meals which are mostly nutritious such carrots, spinach, and some other vegetables which according to these instructors help increase brain function. 

 Most kids here don't talk a lot. 

Which I don't mind. 

The 2 years that I've been in this place has been quiet. 

Aside from the fact that some instructor named Suzakake was scolding the children to get better and some babies crying. 

But I mostly ignored it since it mattered less to me. 

"I don't like carrots." suddenly for the first time. 

I actually heard someone speak in this table. 

I looked at who it was, and it was that girl. Shizuku Yuki.

"What do you think Kiyotaka-kun?" Yuki asked as that expressionless boy looked at her. 

"Well, food such as this is nutritious. Is that a problem?" that expressionless boy named Kiyotaka replied in the most monotone voice imaginable.

Hell is wrong with him? 

He's as robotic as the rest!

Aside from that girl and myself. 

We both seem to express more than these robots.