Chapter 40: The Race and The Reveal

Horikita POV 

To be honest, I really don't know why I'm doing this. That Ryuen decided to blackmail me by using one of his injured classmates as an excuse and he wants me to pay him 1,000,000 points? Not a chance. But as of now I have no choice. Class D will be useless if Sudo isn't there to help us. I really hate admitting it, but he is the only one that can help Class D win this. I've managed to find Sudo in the dorms. 

"Sudo-kun!" 

"Horikita?"  

"If you leave now, then Class D doesn't have a chance to win" I said, I really hate begging, but I know that we don't have a chance. I want to prove Ayanokouji-kun wrong. I have to prove myself to him, that I can not only make it to Class A but beat Class S as well. 

"It's that bad huh." he said 

"*sigh* listen, I know that you are taking the sports festival seriously but there are things that you should reflect on" I said 

"Like what Horikita? Give me a break, you're really pissing me off too" he said 

"Listen, Class D is nothing without you there. You're going to walk away just like that?"

"Hey! this sports festival should've been a piece of cake but there's always someone dragging you down. it's pointless" he said, I swear I really want to leave but not without you 

"I understand, you don't want to lose, and you are good at what you do. But still answer me this: Are you walking away from all this now?" 

Sudo was silent for a few seconds from my question by he answered it 

"I just wanted to get noticed, get respect. That's all I wanted. I wanted to get back at people that disrespect me." 

"I'm a scumbag I admit that, born from scummy parents. I tried not to be like them, but I did the opposite." 

"You're wrong" 

"Huh?" 

"You can't blame others for what happens to you. You have to take responsibility. It's your own decision." I told him

"What do you mean?" he asked 

"You and I are the same. We are just nobodies but it's your choice to be who you want to be" 

"eh" 

"You excel in sports, and you do have talent I admit that. But right now, you're currently the worst person on this campus. Continue living in a world where you try to escape reality, then you will be the biggest scum in the eyes of many" I said 

"Fine, do what you want, I don't care" 

*Lunch break will be over, soon. All students assemble on the ground* 

"Go back there Horikita" 

"I'm not leaving without you" I said as Sudo-kun just walks to the elevator. 

"Fine, I'll wait for you if I have to" 

"Suit yourself" he said as the elevator door closes 

 I really wonder if he's even coming back. But I have to win. Class D needs to win. I need to beat Ayanokouji-kun, prove myself to him that I can have a strong class.  

Ayanokouji POV

So far, Class S has performed really well despite some of us being less athletic. All thanks in part of mine, Suzaku's, Kei's, and Karma's training. It's at least some improvement that anyone can be proud of. While scouting the area I saw Kushida slowly getting ready for her event. I went towards her and started talking to her.