Chapter 134: A set up

Somewhere in *REDACTED*

3rd person POV

Tsukishiro: How is their progress Shiba-kun? 

Shinji: It's going as expected. They have progressed further compared to the other students of this facility, in fact maybe even more. 

Tsukishiro: I'm surprised they managed to survive this long. The 6th generation program is much harder than all of the programs Ayanokouji-sensei has done in the past. 

Shinji: Is that so? even the 4th?

Tsukishiro: Yes, even though it did create the Masterpiece. This program is designed to be a way to deal with the Masterpiece. 

Shinji: Then who are the two you sent then?

Tsukishiro: You mean Amasawa-san and Yagami-kun? I knew that they both wouldn't stand a chance against the Masterpiece.

Shinji: I'm assuming you weren't even trying at all. 

Tsukishiro: You could say that.

Shinji: You were holding back? 

Tsukishiro: It's to merely test Ayanokouji-kun's progress in the outside world to see if he really is capable of adapting to such a new environment if he went up against more than one White Room student.

Shinji: What about the other one then? Daigo Haru, right? 

Tsukishiro: Him? yes, he is quite a pest after he failed to do the job he was given, but then again that was also expected. We knew he would go rouge at some point since he wanted to prove to not only to the Masterpiece but also to someone who was considered the 2nd strongest of the 4th. 

Shinji: There was another? I see. So, Daigo isn't the 2nd strongest back then it seems.

Tsukishiro: Yes, in fact he was a mere 3rd behind the one who was eliminated by the Masterpiece himself. 

Shinji: 3rd huh? 

Tsukishiro: That's right. By the way, Shiba-kun. How did Ayanokouji-sensei find you? You don't look much like an instructor that you would take jobs like this. 

Shinji: True but of course I'm only doing this because he's willing to pay me and because he told me something pretty interesting. 

Tsukishiro: Interesting how?

Shinji: I was told about our targets. Of course, it's not just Ayanokouji but others as well in his class. Some familiar foes I should say.

Tsukishiro: So, you didn't come here just for the money it seems. You want revenge on certain individuals, correct? 

Shinji: Yes, and I intend to get my revenge as soon as possible. 

-

Ayanokouji POV

Multiple events have passed. 

Here's what happened. 

1. The 2nd event was a 150-question math test. Of course, this is where Kiryuin-senpai finally joins the fray. I personally obliged to this challenged. We also had to choose four other students from our class to join me since 5 students from each class must participate. We settled with Tatsuya, Kaguya, Miyuki (Shirogane), Tenji, and me. 150 questions and in Math no less was hard for the average student but given that we weren't dealing with ordinary people from each class. It's somewhat of a challenge. We all had to finish within 50 minutes. Each individual score doesn't matter in this event. It's the number of correct answers in that test. Of course, Shigeru-sensei was the one that checked all of these tests. We ended up winning the whole event in first place with Class 3-B being in second. The one thing to note is that Amasawa didn't even participate in that event. Odd, but either way we won that.