Short Story #6: Kaguya Shinomiya

It's true. I was born and raised by one of the most powerful families in Japan. All my life I was thought to do great things with a bright future promised to me. I was living a privileged life as well as the fact that I've studied a lot which most of my peers called me intelligent. I didn't care much about others, and I haven't made many friends due to my social standing and my once cold personality. But that all changed the moment I met a boy whom I ended up dating. Back then he was just a talent loser. I didn't have much care about the boy but somehow, he surprised me by passing the midterms with a score of 100. It was quite impressive but at the time it didn't win my heart even when he became student council president in Shuchiin Academy. I thought at the time that he was just a person hiding some evil within him but overtime I grew to realize that he wasn't a person with bad intentions. From there I made new friends, experienced new things that I never got to experience, and of course freedom. Because all my life I was pampered to be like my family, but I wanted something for me, I want to make my own choices in life.  

One day, Miyuki-kun called me in the office wanting to discuss something. He gave me a letter which came from a different school. I also noticed that there were two letters which Miyuki-kun kept for himself. I opened the letter and read its contents. I was shocked. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. It was a letter from the school which I've only heard about which was Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. I couldn't believe that it was an offer that I didn't expect to get. A school that accepts only the best or elites to enroll. I was recognized by this school because of my abilities and apparently even Miyuki-kun got the same letter. I was really at a loss for words, me and Miyuki-kun enrolling in a school that only accepts the best? How could I pass that up but at the same time that means we have to leave our positions in the student council. I know that Miyuki-kun would be sad at the thought, but I convinced him either way because this was our chance to prove just what we are capable of.  

It was the day before we leave for ANHS. We both said our goodbyes to our friends even Hayasaka whose been with me the entire time. It was tough to be without her, but I have Miyuki-kun with me by my side, so I don't have a problem with that also another important thing is that Miyuki-kun finally confessed to me which led to us having a date before heading to ANHS. As we finally made it to the school, it exceeded my expectations. This place is not only an institution of learning but also a place of indulgence as well with all these facilities. Both myself and Miyuki-kun managed to pass the entrance exams all with the score of 100. We were both proud of our achievements and managed to be placed in a special class called Class S. Thanks to my experience in Shuchiin and through Miyuki-kun, I've become more sociable and gotten better intellectually as well since coming here.  

This is Kaguya's perspective on how she and Shirogane made it to ANHS and as you can tell, she's still the same Kaguya but the confession from Shirogane happened much earlier and they got together quick. Anyways I'm planning to give her a small buff in this fic as well since I'm planning to make her rivals with Sakayanagi and even Koenji (for good reasons if you checked out Chapter 10) in the future. 

Have a nice day and thanks for reading :)