Chapter 42: Another traitor

Ayanokouji POV

"I am proud and grateful to lead this school as it's student council president, with these words. I extend my resignation. Everyone, thank you very much" the president says as he bowed, and everyone clapped.

Currently we are all listening to the now former president of the student council president Horikita Manabu's speech as his term as president is over. As the new student council president that was elected who was none other than Nagumo Miyabi took the stage. As I looked around, I saw Nanami-senpai looking very upset. Normally she's a calm, sweet girl that enjoys video games but when she hears the name or deals with Nagumo, her expression changes. (A/N: you know s*** is about to go down when someone as sweet as Chiaki becomes upset) 

"Thank you very much Mr. President. Now let us hear from the new student council president. Nagumo Miyabi" the announcer said as the new president takes the stage. 

"Good day everyone. I am Nagumo Miyabi of Class 2-A, your newly appointed Student council president. Without further ado, I would like to turn this school, into a true meritocratic school. Where only students who are capable of doing well deserve to be on top, while those who don't do well deserve to be at the bottom"  

After that speech, I wonder if this was what Nanami-senpai was talking about? It's unbelievable that she could've predicted something like this would happen but either way. If Nagumo is that dangerous, then I might help Nanami-senpai soon. 

After we left the auditorium, I was suddenly met up by a girl. If I remember correctly her name was Sato Maya, I wonder what she wants from me? 

"Umm, you're Ayanokouji-kun right? can I have a minute to talk to you?" she asked  

This is truly a strange situation for me. 

She's from Class D and yet...

I suppose I should accept rather than just let her wait.

"Sure" I replied  

"But can we go somewhere else to talk, if that's okay with you?" 

I simply agreed and walked with her. 

We went somewhere in an isolated area. After a few minutes of walking, we made it to the back of the building. 

"This might be a weird question but, Ayanokouji-kun are you...dating someone by any chance?" 

Dating? I wonder what she's on about. I mean I don't know a thing or two about romance, but the likes of Kaguya and Miyuki do since they are dating as well as Kazuto and Asuna, but I barely have any experience in that. 

"eh?" 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked 

"Y-you know what I mean, I'm just asking if you have a girlfriend or something?" she said, why do I feel like I know where this is going. 

"No, I don't have one" I replied 

"Ohh, I see" 

"So uggh, I know that you're from a different class but is it alright if we start out as friends? You know, hang out? Let's also exchange phone numbers if that's alright." she said 

"Sure, it's alright I guess" I replied 

"But I'd like to ask, why me of all people?"  

"Well, you see, it was around the sports festival. You were really cool in that relay event; I didn't know you were this handsome now that I looked at you more closely and you are quite nice" Well this is...unexpected but am I really that attractive? I also noticed that she was going very red.