Chapter 8: Saving Sudo

The Midterms have passed, and it seems that most of us managed to once again get 100 while those like Kururugi, Kirigaya and the rest that were 95 and below have also improved. Shigeru-sensei was impressed by the improvement. 

It's currently Saturday meaning there are no classes. I'm with Katagiri and Karma right now. Karma decided to join in since he wanted to buy something from the mall. Thoughts ran into my mind on what exactly he's scheming. I'm betting that it's probably another plan on trying to prank the senpais. 

"Hey have you heard?" Katagiri spoke  

"About what?" asked Karma 

"Class D seems to have the same idea as us" I looked at Katagiri as he said his words as questions are running in my mind. 

"Really? how did a defective class managed to figure out the same plan as us?" 

"Ehh, must be coincidence" Katagiri said. He could be right; I mean coincidences can be freaky but there's no way that Horikita or Hirata would've figured it out themselves. This might just be a hunch but could there be someone pulling their strings without any of us noticing?

"I don't think that they could've figured it out on their own. Someone else must've come up with the same idea" 

"Seriously, I mean who's even smart enough from their class to even have that idea?" Karma asked 

"I have no idea but whoever this person is, he/she must be brilliant enough to also figure out the S-System." I answered. Both Katagiri and Karma looked at me with curiosity. 

"Wait you said you guys investigated Class D, right? So, you're saying there's someone that you guys didn't even notice in class? heh I thought you're brilliant than that Kiyotaka-kun" wait when did you start using my first name? Well, it doesn't matter. I answered his question. 

"I don't usually care about the rest of the class aside from the more notable ones like Horikita. But if there is someone among them that is intelligent enough then this person might actually be a potential challenge to our class" 

"If someone like that is dangerous then should we do something about it?" Katagiri asked. 

"I don't think we should take action yet since we don't have any information on this mystery student."

As we continue to walk and have our conversation, we heard a voice and the three of us stopped. 

"Ayanokouji-kun!" The three of us looked back and it was Kushida running towards us. She stopped in front of us, he looked pretty tired with all that running. 

"What is it Kushida?" I asked 

"Can you help us?" help her? She's clearly from a different class but why did she approach me for help?  

"What do you need help with?" Karma asked  

"Well, you see, one of our classmates is going to be expelled because of a failing score" 

"Who got a failing score?" Katagiri asked 

"I-it was Sudo-kun" Sudo huh? looks like this is an opportunity to test my own theory. Kei and Oreki had their own theory that worked so I want to see if mine will work as well. 

"Ok I'll do something about it, do you know where your sensei is now Kushida?" 

"Well, I don't know where Chabashira-sensei is right now, but could you find her for me?" 

"No problem" 

"You guys go on ahead, I have something to do" I said as I left Katagiri, Karma, and Kushida behind.