Short Story #7: Miyuki Shirogane

It was tough thinking that I had to relinquish my role as student council president at Shuchiin Academy. All of the hard work I've achieved, and I had to start over again. I already got so far in my life. I got a girlfriend, I was a top student, and I was student council president, but all that changed with just one letter. The letter that myself and Kaguya got at the same time. The letter was from a school that I've heard of, and it was Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High. 

It was a school that boasts a 100% employment rate and college entry rate. I was stunned that I got a letter from this very prestigious school. I know that Shuchiin is prestigious on its own, but ANHS is something different and a new challenge that I could look forward but that would mean that I had to leave a lot of my good friends and even my own sister behind. It really sucks that I was put in such a tough situation, but Kaguya told me that it will be okay, but will I be really okay with this? There are too many things running in my mind, but my time was limited since the letter said I have a week to make my decision. Kaguya already wanted to go but I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I had no choice, if I want to show her that I'm capable of being an elite in that school and even if I had to start from scratch. I'm going to make it again. 

It was the day before we leave for ANHS, I had a discussion with my sister and told me that I would be fine and to not worry about her since she's already independent enough to care for herself. I do agree with what she said and then she said something about me needing to confess to "her". I knew what she was talking about, but do I really need to do it now? After some talking, she managed to convince me to confess to Kaguya now because going into a school filled with this many top students could be tough for me, so I need someone where someone can look after me and someone I can look after. I knew what I had to do. I sucked it up and called her immediately. After we saw each other, from there I spilled the beans on her, and the rest was history. I guess that confession thing wasn't so bad after all as suddenly we had our first date. 

It was already a week and the bus arrived as me and Kaguya waved our goodbyes to everyone. I know that adapting to a new school will be hard but as long as she is with me. I have nothing to fear anymore. We passed the entrance exams easily and landed into Class S where I met so many talented people. I don't know what the future holds but I know that it's going to be a bright one.

Well, here's Shirogane's perspective on how he made it to ANHS. It was a tough choice for him that's for sure having to leave all that hard work behind but in the end, it was a fresh start that he wanted. He has a girlfriend and is showing progress with Class S as he slowly but surely adapts to his new school.

Anyways thanks for reading :)